McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#41 16 years ago

Yeh, but the brits used it alot in africa. I'd imagine weight and mobility would be more of an issue then noise.

obliviousnation

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,424 Posts

0 Threads

#42 16 years ago

The drum mag thompson was used up until 1943 when it was replaced in numbers by the m1a1 thompson (clip) The brits used it in the desert and the americans used it in the pacific on maps like wake and philipenes.Oh and is it the thompson 1928 or the oldest tommy gun from just after ww1?

PanzerAce

Some Guy...

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

736 Posts

0 Threads

#43 16 years ago

[QUOTE=Driver]The MG42 also had a 4x scope. So did the 34. The Bren had no recoil, due to its design,[\QUOTE] um, AFAIK, neither of the MGs had a scope, and the Bren had recoil IIRC, since it wasnt a recioless rifle and slightly OT: just read in a history book that toward the end of the war american units began to be issued 57mm recoiless rifles, any chance that we will see these?

Elessar Telcontar

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

5th April 2004

0 Uploads

211 Posts

0 Threads

#44 16 years ago

The main disadvantages with a drum magazine is that it's difficult to carry spare magazines, and that it takes long time to reload a drum magazine (not attaching a new magazine to the gun, but reloading the magazine itself.) The russians also realized this, so late in the war, russian smg'ers were issued with 35 round box magazines for their ppsh's, however, most of them also managed to get hold of a drum as initial load. In addition, it is easier to produce guns that only accept box magazines.

PFC. Bryan

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

1st August 2003

0 Uploads

299 Posts

0 Threads

#45 16 years ago
Al CaponeI actualy rather like the dice thompson it looks realy good.But im not complaing about a new one going by fh's standard of weapons.What i realy want back is fh's 0.5 m1 garrand model with the new dice garrands coding.This would be great.And latly does anyone know anything about the johnson LMG? or did dice just make it up for canadians?

I don't know if you've noticed but on the Dice Thompson the two fins on top of the gun that are part of the sights are way too close together. Another thing Dice screwed up on the Thompson are the ejection ports. There should only be one instead of two. Also, Dice forgot to add the manufacture and ID numbers to the gun.

Click on the link below to learn more about the legendary Thompson SMG.

http://www.world.guns.ru/smg/smg29-e.htm

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#46 16 years ago
Al CaponeThe drum mag thompson was used up until 1943 when it was replaced in numbers by the m1a1 thompson (clip) The brits used it in the desert and the americans used it in the pacific on maps like wake and philipenes.Oh and is it the thompson 1928 or the oldest tommy gun from just after ww1?

Brits used the M1928 moslty with 20 round magazines. I myself wouldn't mind the 20 round magazines seeing as the Thompson kicks ass right now just give the guy 8-10 extra mags.

Speaking of the Phillipines the map should be redone and should focus on the Japanese invasion of Luzon.