the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

A high majority (almost all) of the manufactured FG-42 at all models featured a scope and a bayonett along with the bipod as standart.

Further almost all manufactured FG-42 were model 3. There were only a few model 1 and 2 in existence.

Also they could fire rifle grenades via "Schiessbecher".

http://www.waffeninfo.net/waff_fg42.php

I hope FH will feature the same.

"The Fallschirmjägergewehr ("paratrooper rifle") is a large automatic rifle firing the regular Mauser 7.9mm rifle ammunition. Regarding size and role it is comparable to the american BAR and the british Bren, therefore the weapon might also be classified as a light machine gun. One of the main demands in the design order for an automatic rifle for airborne troops was the prohibition to use critical material for the weapon. This was met only party. The proposed design made by the company Rheinische Metallwaren- und Maschinenfabrik (Rheinmetall) in Sömmerda under the chief developer Louis Stange was accepted for a prototype series to prepare mass production. Prototypes were finished in mid-1942; the weapon was officially introduced into service as Fallschimrjägergewehr 42, abbreviated FG 42, at the turn of year 1943/1944 but only for the Luftwaffe ("air force") since the Heer ("army") was looking for a weapon using the new Kurzpatrone (which eventually resulted in the Sturmgewehr 44). The production was never able to meet requirements even party. Three easily discernible models of the FG 42 are differentiated: model 1 has a pistol grip that is bent back at an extremely high and odd angle; model 2 is the same as model 1 but the pistol grip is more conventional and pointing down. Model 3, whose pistol grip is also pointing down, features a unique hand guard fore of the barrel that has 13 deep but short grooves on the left side as opposed to the many thin grooves on the left side of the hand guard on the other models 1 and 2. Model 1 was produced only in very limited numbers for evaluation purposes; model 2 remedied many of the problems encountered with the model 1, was much simplified and produced in noticeable numbers.

The definitive version was model 3 which addressed the too strong recoil and lack of stability during firing of the model 2.

Total production numbers are differing depending on the source; some state that no more than 7,000 FG 42 of all variants were produced, while others say 5,000 or only a maximum of 1,500. The only definitive production number is that of the FG 42 produced late in the war for the army: 4,397. The weapon is gas-operated, the gas nozzle is located only a third of barrel length from the breech, the second, thin "barrel" all the way to the muzzle often seen in pictures is the bayonet in folded-back position. The weapon is magazine fed from box-magaziones of 10 or 20 round capacity attached to the right, the spent shells were expelled to the left. The diopter sights range from 100m to 1,500m; all FG 42 could be fitted with scopes and indeed it was often used as a sniper rifle. The weapon had an integrated bipod and an integrated bayonet. The rifle-grenade device Gewehrgranatgerät or Schiessbecher could be attached to the FG 42. Technical data FG 42 model 3: length 97.5cm; barrel length (w/o muzzle break) 50cm; weight (empty) 4.98kg; weight of empty 10-round magazine 190g (full: 460g); weight of empty 20-round magazine 290g (full: 830g); ammunition: Mauser Infanteriepatrone 7.92x57 in 10 and 20 round box magazines; system rate of fire: 600/min; Vo 755m/s (other sources 685m/s, probably for other ammunition type than 7.92x57 sS)."

okiN

Duke

50 XP

26th August 2003

0 Uploads

495 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

I suggest adding a bipod as regular, and scope as kits, or making it so that they all have scope+bipod, but are only available as kits, since we don't want all the germans running around with scoped assault rifles. No comment on grenade launcher or bayonet.

the_move

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago
okiN making it so that they all have scope+bipod, but are only available as kits, since we don't want all the germans running around with scoped assault rifles.

I agree on that.

The regular paratrooper weapon should be the MP40, but there should be more than only one FG42 kits on a map (2-3?).

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Why not just make it a total prick cannon? :furious:

the_move

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago
Artie BuccoWhy not just make it a total prick cannon? :furious:

Not my fault, that is was that great! Further since many people want realism... :rolleyes:

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Fg42 is overated. Always is always has been if the BAR in this mod is made like the one DoD i will easily kick everyones ass.

the_move

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
Artie BuccoFg42 is overated. Always is always has been if the BAR in this mod is made like the one DoD i will easily kick everyones ass.

And the BAR in DoD is totally unrealistic. In DoD it is handled like it had no weight.

IN real life this thing weigh almost 9 kilos. So you can not swing it around like in DoD or even fire it accurately from the hip. Play Call of Duty. that´s more like it.

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

An expierenced BAR user could easily shoot 4-5 round burst standing or crouching

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

thatd be pretty terrible to have it scoped, work like a sniper rifle, and have a grenade launcher to boot...but if its a kit, then itd be a real shame to let it fall into the enemies hands. i'm torn :(

okiN

Duke

50 XP

26th August 2003

0 Uploads

495 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Looking at the screenies of the model, I suspect it'll be equipped only with a bipod... but that might change.

FG42-final.jpg

And though it has no relation with the topic, I just have to say this... HOT DAMN THAT ARK ROYAL LOOKS SEXEH! >8D~