50 XP

15th September 2003

0 Uploads

31 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

I dont want to sound stupid but:

YOU HAVE TO DO FH FOR BF:V!!!!!!!!!!!

BF:V needs a WWII mod and i think you should make FH that mod.

You guys have the best WWII mod out there and if you want to you could finish the 1942 version but converting it to Vietnam is a good idea.

1st of all: The new engine would do wonders for your mod like the passanger gunners and realistic reload sequences.

2nd: I think the models and sounds you have now are compatible with BF:V but i'm not sure

3rd: a lot of ppl (ESPECIALLY ME) would appreciate this.

4th: The overall look and engine of Battlefield: Vietnam would be better suited for your mod, it includes realistic plane physics and also includes helicopter physics. Also their innovations are also really good for your mod, like the new pathfinding and clipping stuff.

5th: Since ppl who play BF1942 are just grabbing BF:V off the shelves you already have a rather sizeable following.

PLEEZ you gotta do this. :rock:

i hope u do, itll make ppl happy and is a good business decision for you.

Ping_Pong

Rockin' the Casbah

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

7,663 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

There about 5-10 of these threads..couldn't you post in one of those?

Tsuruchi Brian

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

30th January 2004

0 Uploads

36 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

I thought BF1942 had realistic physics.... BF vietnam is just easier easier does not = more realistic

MkH^

FH tester

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,286 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

Uhmm.. why should FH port to BF:V? The vanilla's RF2 suits very well for FH, since no dense jungle or undergrowth is needed and you can still create it with vanilla's engine too. FH would also lose heck a lot of players, not to mention the trouble it would take to even port to BF:V. And last but not least, I'm not buying BF:V until its price drops to reasonable and it starts supporting ATI-cards, ridiculous to play without AA or AF on such high end machine.

Swe_Flying_Frog

The Frogs Will Invade By Air

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

It would look better in BF:V and you could make much cooler pacific maps then ever :) I'am all for getting it for BF:V

Pope-Eye

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

15th September 2003

0 Uploads

31 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

At least someone agrees with me. Think about it FH, and Ping Pong i dont see how Vietnam is easier.

Ping_Pong

Rockin' the Casbah

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

7,663 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

Uh, what are you talking about, I didn't say Bf:V was easier..Tsuruchi Brian did..

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

I am so tired of people saying that it's gonna take a hell of an effort to port to BF:V. Dice released the MDK (or whatever it is) that allows importing BF's models/maps/etc into BF:V. With a few clicks of the mouse, you can port the whole of FH into BF:V (and all the extra stuff, like sounds of bullets flying past your head, doesn't even need to be ported, since BF:V supports it in the native code). Once you import, everything is gonna work. Of course, to utilize the dense vegetation and better moddeling, you would have to later on add undergrowth and overgrowth and bump-mapping for models, but all that can be done later. BTW, Swe_Flying_Frog Change "вперёд для победа ! = Forward For Victory!" to "вперёд k победе! = Forward To Victory!". Otherwise it looks like some crappy translation from an online dictionary :rolleyes:

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

Have you tried getting BF stuff in BFV yourself?

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

This guy actually has reasons unlike other people who say ,"i want fh to go to bfv because it is friggen awsome!!!11one!!!" But i do think fh should go to BF:V,it would be the best of the best :)