tHe bUm -=TSi=-

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

51 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

BF Vietnam is a little over a month away and I feel the FH makers must make a decision, continue onto the new BF and remake with the new game engine... or stay with what they have in BF 1942 and continue it. My personal opinion is that FH should move to BF Vietnam after .6. Why do I feel this way? I feel this way because I think the BF Vietnam engine will better support FH in every possible way. In addition in BF Vietnam there will be greater possiblities for pushing the engine for more, or not and having the possibility of everyone who can play BF Vietnam to play FH, allowing much more access to the mod. I suggest we move on to BF Vietnam with the mod, even if we must redo most of it, FH will be ready again in time for us to need something new from BF Vietnam (once the normal Vietnam gets boring). Share your opinion on the subject and whether you support FH moving on or staying.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I'd rather they stay on BF1942.

HeLmUt_KlAmKe

Hell on Muteā„¢

50 XP

28th August 2003

0 Uploads

729 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I think that BF:V will be a dud...

javierlopez

tester

50 XP

13th May 2003

0 Uploads

516 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago
McGibsI'd rather they stay on BF1942.

:agreed:

Englishboy

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

122 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

why go through another year full of work with remodeling and coding, its fine of bf and should stay on bf

tHe bUm -=TSi=-

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

51 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
Englishboywhy go through another year full of work with remodeling and coding, its fine of bf and should stay on bf

The DC crew is remaking their mod for BF Vietnam to push the limits of their mod and extend the life of it. I know that me and probably quite a few others will leave FH if it doesn't move on to the new technology and get revamped, also I don't think they'll have to redo that much. The new BF system is just a modified version of the older BF system, likely the models from 1942's FH will still work in Vietnam's FH. It likely won't take a year to get everything up and going, maybe a month if almost everything from FH in BF 1942 works properly in terms of models and stuff, then they just have to make the adjustments they did for FH stuff again. Great on BF, but lets face it BF 1942 is dying technology and will probably be dead in less than a year, however BF Vietnam will be around for well over a year I'm sure. DC is farther along (though worse and less stuff) and they're moving onto BF Vietnam, why not FH? I love FH and it's by far my favorite mod, but I'm afraid I probably won't like playing the outdated technology. Can we get some Dev team guys in here to tell us your plans with FH?

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

they are not moving. bfv will dud out like the xpacks

ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,134 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

ugh :rolleyes: dont get me started on BF:V I'm so fucking pissed that DICE would leave BF1942 in its current state, I mean it's not even fucking finnished, they've got friggin placeholders for weapons, shitty ass tanks, and crappy mod support. Personally I will be torn whether or not to get It because it could be a great game, or it could be Crap: Redux

However, if the FH team is comfortable with FH how it is at whatever stage, at the time when and if they desice to move to BF:V then I support it.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Wasnt this quetion asked last month and wasnt the answer that when BF: Vietnam is released FH will look at it and see what it has to offer, whether all the models can be converted over and such. If there is enough advances and improvement and it wont require alot of new work then they would consider it, but if it requires new code and new models then no.

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

I really think that BF:V will have an easy way to convert BF1942 mods to it because they see how much money mods made them, how could they not?