Mandingo 18''

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

5th February 2004

0 Uploads

314 Posts

0 Threads

#12 15 years ago

Well, Half-Life is ancient technology and it still has over 100,000 players online almost six years after its release. I don't believe BF1942 will die anytime soon.

PanzerAce

Some Guy...

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

736 Posts

0 Threads

#13 15 years ago
HeLmUt_KlAmKeI think that BF:V will be a dud...

agreed, if you wanted to play a vietnam game, just get EoD, but im suprised that EA didnt try and buy them to use the stuff they already had done...

VioLAtoR[xL]

Retteketet met je Bajonet

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#14 15 years ago
I know that me and probably quite a few others will leave FH if it doesn't move on to the new technology and get revamped

I know that me and probably quite a few others will leave FH if it means buying a new game and waiting up to a year to everything is converted/remodeled. And filling up the time with Vietnam itself isn't going to get my dopamine flowing, I am a ww2 fanatic.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#15 15 years ago

maybee there will be an SDK out after BF V who knows (i menma for Bf42)

Jacobski

Sk8 or Die

50 XP

12th February 2004

0 Uploads

113 Posts

0 Threads

#16 15 years ago

I say stay, dont go over to bf:V it doesnt support some campaigns like eastern front and desert front and it would suck if we just got pacific.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#17 15 years ago
JacobskiI say stay, dont go over to bf:V it doesnt support some campaigns like eastern front and desert front and it would suck if we just got pacific.

what are you talking about ?? not support campaings like africa ??

tHe bUm -=TSi=-

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

12th January 2004

0 Uploads

51 Posts

0 Threads

#18 15 years ago
'VioLAtoR[xL']I know that me and probably quite a few others will leave FH if it means buying a new game and waiting up to a year to everything is converted/remodeled. And filling up the time with Vietnam itself isn't going to get my dopamine flowing, I am a ww2 fanatic.[/QUOTE] Well I support the post mention the last time someone had this topic they would see what new BFV has and whether the old stuff is supported. I'm fairly sure everything in BF 1942 mods should work in BFV, considering that they're running a modified version of the exact same engine. The modified version can just support a lot more things, including a lot more things (possibly much bigger maps) on the map at once like forest. It would be great to have some forest maps, could be unique having the perfect rows of planted trees (that's what Europeans do after logging a forest, replanted in perfect rows) and having tanks a large disadvantage to not be able to go inside. It's likely most of the FH stuff will work, and if most or all works FH will be out in a short period of time. Also, with the likely higher system requirements then I'm willing to bet that everyone will be able to play FH, rather than many people having lag from their computer. [QUOTE=Jacobski]I say stay, dont go over to bf:V it doesnt support some campaigns like eastern front and desert front and it would suck if we just got pacific.

Ummm... They're likely to add those fronts if they release FH for BFV. They'll just have to redo some graphics. But, it actually looks like the included map editor thing for BFV has everything from BF 1942 and more, meaning it's likely that the FH team could grab all the texture and possibly even the old building files from that and remake the stuff. Otherwise, they might be able to take the old models from BF 1942 for Europe and Africa, with EA's consent. And, the final option would probably be to remake the models and textures for Europe and Africa, which would be a plus cause they're likely to do a much better job than EA ever did with them :D. Most mods for BF 1942 are better than the actual game, in multiple ways.

dRaStiQ

Master and Commander

50 XP

26th October 2003

0 Uploads

580 Posts

0 Threads

#19 15 years ago

Yup what are you talking about, all different fronts are is new textures/static objects.

Also I think converting to BF:nam will be very easy. heres EAs latest update:

Mod News Lot's of questions are being asked about the differences between Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield Vietnam as far as modders are concerned. We've taken a moment to put together a small FAQ to answer the major questions. More detailed information will follow....

Q: Has the CON file format changed? A: The addition of shader manipulation abilities in the .rs files is probably one of the biggest changes. Other than that, some additional lines were added for new functionality, like airlifiting and the new helicopter.

{edit} sorry for posting basically the same as the post above, posted at the same time

Q: What are some of the new things modders will be able to use in BFV? A: Two of the most exciting visual additions is normal mapping on objects and new under/overgrowth system. Neither of these is required in BFV...but adding them will increase the visual impact of your mods.

Q: What is this new undergrowth and overgrowth system? A: Essentially, it's just two new material maps you add to populate your map with objects. It's used for both outdoors for trees and bushes and indoors with crates, chairs, etc.

Q: Will DICE and EA be releasing mod tools for Battlefield Vietnam? A: Yes, BFV will ship in the box with Battlecraft Vietnam, an updated map editor, and an updated Mod Development Toolkit.

If Im not mistaken that means that copying code is just a matter of copy and pasting and we always knew that vehicles/skins e.t.c. would be easily transferable so it seems like a mod could be ported within a matter of weeks, after that the mod team could get to work utilising all the new effects e.t.c. of the vietnam engine.

VioLAtoR[xL]

Retteketet met je Bajonet

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#20 15 years ago

A matter of weeks sounds more interesting, but I still doubt all the new stuff in FH, wich will be quite a lot in 0.6, including maps, are converted that fast/easy. But I'm a programming/modeling nitwit, I hate even the simplest of map editors, so maybe it will be a good idea.