ReichwolffTBC

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

21st October 2003

0 Uploads

24 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I must say I am drooling over the next patch to FH and all it's content...most of all I'm dieing for new flight models for all the aircraft but for 4 in particular. Every time I'm involved with these aircraft I want to either laugh till I cry or curse till I vomit.

1.) The FW-190 vs. the P-51

The FW-190 currently in FH is really a F-16 that only is cloaked to look like a FW-190. Seriously, the FW-190 is one of my all time favorite WWII planes BUT the flight model in FH for it borders on the ludicrous. The FW-190 historically was a good match up to the P-51 but the Mustang was superior. NO WAY can a FW-190 out turn the P-51. Here's a nice site to read about it.

http://www.combatsim.com/htm/aug99/p51-3.htm#cont

I quote:

"The Effect of the North American P-51 Mustang On the Air War in Europe by David Buckingham

But most important was its superiority over the German fighters, the best of which were the FW-190 and the Me-109. The Mustang was 50 mph faster than the Germans up to 28,000 ft., beyond which it was much faster than the FW-190 and still substantially faster than the Me-109. The Mustang had between 3000 and 4000 lbs. more weight, and so was able to outdive either German plane. The tightness of its turns was much better than the Me-109 and slightly better than the FW-190. (Grant 31, Boyne 389-390, Bailey 153) The result of all of this was that the Allies now had a plane that could go with the bombers all the way to and from their targets, fight and defeat the bombers' German attackers, and not run out of fuel."

2.) The Zero vs. the Corsair

Again the Corsair "owns" the zero historically in EVERY aspect save for turning at low speeds...since there are no real low speeds in FH, this point is mute. The Hellcat was specifically designed to beat the zero as well so when we start seeing this aircraft in FH I hope they keep that in mind.

The issue really is balance vs. realism...if you made the zero as vunerable to damage compared to the allied aircraft in FH as in history then NO ONE would fly them since you can set one a blaze with a .45

I'm just venting but the flight models for the FW and Zero are just nuts. Unless, your flying them...then you rule.

Korholio

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Amen.

Shade_PW

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

761 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Nice point dude.

TommyGunDaliani

Cesare

50 XP

26th June 2003

0 Uploads

1,717 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Yes, and try removing the corsairs from Midway there were none there, but that was the first time the hellcat made its appearence in battle.