I-Captain-I

Can I make you some soup?

50 XP

23rd November 2003

0 Uploads

110 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I don't know if any of you (Devs) have heard of this CD, but it is outstanding: http://www.tomahawkfilms.com/soundsof.html

It's practically a WWII audio library. It contains actual recorded weapon firing from 1939-1945! Not only that, it has entire battle sequences; perfect for background audio. Over 75 tracks, this thing is awesome! Best of all...I just ordered it! If you'd like, I'd be happy to share this with you! You can't get it in the States, unless you want to pay well over $100 bucks! I got it for just £14.95! WOW, what a deal!

Right, anyways, what do you think?

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Actually I'm pretty confident I saw it on Ebay for $10. This would be good for ambient sounds as well as getting the sound codes for the weapons.

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Well I once downloaded a similar files off ***** (background sounds from SPR D-Day). I PMed one of the devs about it, and suggested they use it as a background soundsheet for Omaha-1944. But the dev said (Armin Ace I think) that they couldn´t use 3rd party files, because of their deal with Merciless Creations. Im not sure if this also applys for this CD, but I guess so.

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

"Deal"? Are there contracts involved or something? Well it'd be nice if you'd share them sounds with fans too.. I could use plenty for my maps.

I-Captain-I

50 XP

23rd November 2003

0 Uploads

110 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Sure thing mate; as soon as the CD gets in, I'll let you guys know.

Oh, Dee-Jay? The sounds from SPR were pretty damn good, but many of them were edited. These are all 100% recorded and historically correct.

As for the 'deal': What the hell? MC stopped working with FH already (as far as I know), and most of their sounds....well....weren't that great. I say screw that.

Swe_Flying_Frog

The Frogs Will Invade By Air

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Wish i could lay my hands on that CD :naughty:

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Awesome!

Odessa

"when will this pain stop?"

50 XP

8th February 2004

0 Uploads

468 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Won't the creators of that cd mind?

I-Captain-I

50 XP

23rd November 2003

0 Uploads

110 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Probably a little. Remember though, I could get it off E-Bay and not give them any money at all. Also, nobody here is going to use it for commercial purposes, so that's not a problem.

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago
I-Captain-IProbably a little. Remember though, I could get it off E-Bay and not give them any money at all. Also, nobody here is going to use it for commercial purposes, so that's not a problem.

Exactly. I should write that argument down, such issues occur a lot in the modding scene.