Retteketet met je Bajonet

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Hello!

I was playing Karelia yesterday, strawling through the trenches a bit, when I got this great but very obvious idea, probably it has been made a million times so xcuse me if it has!

More maps should have trenches surounding either spawnpoints or other place of strategic interest. Also some foxholes.

But there is a slight problem with foxholes, trenches and firing from buildings.. When firing out of a trench, it should be possible too 'position' the MG on the edge of it. Just like it should be able too be positioned in a window or anything that you can take cover behind or in. At the moment it is nice too fire a rifle or smg form buildings or trenches, but the weapons that are actually ment for positioned fire like MG42 and bar only work well lying down or when using a fixed version.

GreetZ

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

do the SDK dance. you want bipod deployment like in DoD

VioLAtoR[xL]

Retteketet met je Bajonet

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

This thread is mainly about more trenches and foxholes in maps. Anyone agree on that? Heck I never played DoD but I guess bipod deployment was the thing I'm looking for. Like in RTCW enemy territory :D

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

yeh, more trenches around fortications would be real nice. I really wanna see that 'frontline' map. looks like fukin ww1.

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Off the main topic, but Karelia's trenches are a deadman's grave. Russians spawn inside and are trapped by the fact that two people can't move past each other in the trench. While half of the team is asking "how do you get out?", the other half that managed to squeeze to the exit gets slaughtered by the MG, since that is the only exit and every German MG is aimed there. While all this is happening, some germans either toss nades killing everyone inside or lay and camp with an MG inside the trench (forgetting that thier objective is to take the flag).

I love the idea of trenches, but they should be well placed and not be the spawn point

General Taskeen

FH Betatester

50 XP

24th November 2002

0 Uploads

659 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

That particular trench just needs to be widened slightly so people can pass around each other. Nobody really uses that trench like they are supposed to. They should stay IN the trench, but they all rush out and get shot...

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago
General TaskeenThat particular trench just needs to be widened slightly so people can pass around each other. Nobody really uses that trench like they are supposed to. They should stay IN the trench

I guess that is also the reason why only one class has very limited amount of handgrenades......these are really effective against holes and trenches.

Sadly, the fact that only one class has hadgrenades is unrealistic, you won't find front line infantry ( all players in FH are ) without a few handgrenades on person.

TommyGunDaliani

Cesare

50 XP

26th June 2003

0 Uploads

1,717 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

well not everyone can stay in the trench because the flag can be taken down by someone whe theyre not even in the trench. this needs to be changed.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

The other day I was playing a Russian Officer on Karelia map and someone called out they wanted a target for arty so I whipped out the binocs and called it in right on the Finnish bunker and trenches. Katayusha isnt good for precision strikes but is excellent for area bombardment.

Wasnt pretty. The Finns got mad, they found me and it was over except for the gurgling.

lmg

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

I like trenches, and hope to see them on more maps.

About Karelia: I think that the trenches should be longer so they cant be out flanket, and the trenches should be in parallel rows with trench passages between.