Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Some of you might know the DC map Medinas Ridge, which is the only map I know that has the so called "Push" mode instead of the usual conquest. The difference is, that you only conquer 1 flag after another. You must first catch 1 base, in oder to take over the next. This game-mode supports team-play and can ensure some quite intensive battles. Also it quits out the lame base-conquering by pilots (I do often aswell). However if your making a map like this, what I would really like, then a fair balance is more important than on a normal conquest map. Just bare this in mind should you consider it !

Mast3rofPuppets VIP Member

08'aIgnorance is not an excuse

50 XP

28th November 2003

0 Uploads

8,198 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I wouldn't mind seeing this feature in FH.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

its os funny in dc cuse every body fights at the exact same place its more like a front line battle were you cant flank and it will get funny on servers with 16 players on thme ..

C38368

...burning angel wings to dust

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,013 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

TFC and FLF (which is all but dead now) have maps of that sort, and they're great fun. I don't know if this is true in the DC map, but in the TFC and FLF push maps, flag cannot be recaptured, which is really essential to making these kinds of maps work, I think.

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

It would work well for a Battle of the Bulge scenario. Germans gotta take this little town, then this one, etc etc.

Ping_Pong

Rockin' the Casbah

50 XP

29th June 2003

0 Uploads

7,663 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Hmm, sounds neat i havn't played DC sence around .2-.3..anyways I myself like the idea of take this town then the next, but those towns would have to be small sence bf doesnt have huge maps but it would work with 1 or 2 small towns.

RandomChurch

Reaching out and touching you

50 XP

23rd September 2003

0 Uploads

145 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

I like the idea too. Especially if you add some sort of little information about the map. Or a reason why it has to be taken in order. Like the Germans have to Capture a town to push back the Americans, then they move onto try and capture a fuel dump for their tanks. Maybe an Ammo cache or another fuel dump for another flag. And all the Americans do is defend, and cant recap the flags. That might be neat for certain maps and scenarios.

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

This would ensure teamplay on public servers , devs i hope you read this!!!!!

G.I. Bob

GF makes me horny

50 XP

11th December 2003

0 Uploads

84 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

They do it by making a cage spawn around a flag that can't be captured yet. I think the flag is always capturable, but because of the cage you can't get close enough to capture it. The cage disappears as soon as the flag at the adjacent point is captured. It's not really a new gametype, it's just clever manipulation of object spawns. At least, that's my best guess after examining the map.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

yea its like a 1 m area were the flag can be captured and then a cage spawn thats bigger its pretty simple ..