D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#21 15 years ago

Medics with weapons are still unrealistic, but the engineer is even more so.

explamster

Flying Ace

50 XP

12th November 2003

0 Uploads

138 Posts

0 Threads

#22 15 years ago

I like the point idea for the medic and engineer. That's enough incentive in battles where ticket levels are really close...hey! Maybe every 3 healed players, the team could receive a regenerated ticket in the counter! Or something like that, anyway.

el bandito

Captain of jelly

50 XP

28th October 2003

0 Uploads

377 Posts

0 Threads

#23 15 years ago

I've seen someone post this on forums elsewhere, but it's such a good idea it needs to go here:

Pubic CHEESEI reckon the medic's healing kit needs a secondary fire: heal yourself BEFORE healing those around you, as opposed to the way the kit currently works.

What do you think? Personally, I'm sick of having to heal everybody around me before I get to myself, only to find I've run out of medic juice and have to either plod on with 5% health or wait ages for it to recharge.

Thread copied from

I think this is a GREAT idea.

Couple that with something mentioned recently in these forums about awarding Medics for healing by giving them a percentage of the person that they've just healed Victory Points (the ones that they accrue AFTER being bought back from death), and you'll see the |337 assaulters on the fields being chased around by noobs praying desperately to be the one that heals him so they can get the highest score.

Tie the self-gratification to the teamwork and you've got yourself a winner!

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#24 15 years ago

...thats a retarded idea.

"ooh, im a medic, screw everyone else, now i have unlimited life"

Way to go teamwork.

el bandito

Captain of jelly

50 XP

28th October 2003

0 Uploads

377 Posts

0 Threads

#25 15 years ago

It's gotta beat:

*bang bang bang, argh! Ouch! 5% health "OMG! I'm about to die!" *Tries to heal *bullets fly overhead *guy to the left is healed by 30% *bullets snag clothing, ricochet of walls guy: "thanks buddy!" *tries to heal *guy to the right is healed by 30% *grenade goes off nearby *tries to heal *Archival flies over, bombs nearby jeep killing a soldier *tries to heal *heals soldier who managed to bail from jeep by 35% *Tries to heal, heals by remaining 5%, now on 10% *Axis soldier comes over hill and lays down some grenade spam. *boom *die.

No recognition for your efforts at all. What's with that? If you'd have read the post, it's either the ability to heal yourself first OR some sort of battle recognition for your efforts.

I guess that on the upside, if you request a medic and a tard won't heal you, you can shoot them in the leg and follow them around; sure as hell they're 1/ gonna shoot back, in which case you PTK and respawn or 2/Gonna heal - then you can suck it up off them when they do :D