Ionized

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

14th January 2004

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

The Gloster Meteor never actually meet the Me-262, but I remember reading somewhere that there were a few run ins with FW-190s. Most WW2 interested ppl don't even know about the Gloster Meteor which is quite sad, ONLY the second operational jet fighter Edit: It would be fun to see the Me-262 and the Gloster Meteor fight. This is their last chance to fight each other. The fight doesn't nessesarily have to take place on an offical historic map, anything would be fine

FryaDuck

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

515 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Well why not use the Battle of Britian map.

Same rules, just use all the jet aircraft.

Better still, no bombers for the Axis use V1 flying bombs (remote piloted, Natter launch rail), Me262's and Me163's as interceptors for the Gloster Meteors. Axis AA could be Wasserfalls and Flak 43's. A V2 site with slow reload could be another. British could use Mosquito's to destroy the axis lauchers.

ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,134 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

and Hitler and Churchill could be Boxing!

Witch Hunter General

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

19th May 2003

0 Uploads

350 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

that would not be far, Churchill would knock Hitler shitless in a few seconds.

Mazz

BFE-WAW

50 XP

16th November 2003

0 Uploads

1,245 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

the mustache makes for a good target.

and i would take the 262 anyday. 4 30mm cannons sounds good enough

mondogenerator

Wolfgaming.net *****istrator

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
Ionized Edit: It would be fun to see the Me-262 and the Gloster Meteor fight. This is their last chance to fight each other. The fight doesn't nessesarily have to take place on an offical historic map, anything would be fine

You can in M$CFS3. I think the Me262a1 would have kicked the crap out of the Meteor. It was a little more manouverable and allot faster although the engines had real issues. Besides the a1 version had 6 30mm cannons and the a2 model had 4 but the 24 rockets it could carry were the most potent weapon it had.

I agree though a meteor would be nice but before that a Beaufighter and some corrections on all the spitfire models would be nicer.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

mondogeneratorYou can in M$CFS3. I think the Me262a1 would have kicked the crap out of the Meteor. It was a little more manouverable and allot faster although the engines had real issues. Besides the a1 version had 6 30mm cannons and the a2 model had 4 but the 24 rockets it could carry were the most potent weapon it had.

I agree though a meteor would be nice but before that a Beaufighter and some corrections on all the spitfire models would be nicer.

:agreed

Would love to see a Beaufighter and some correct Spits, not the MkXIV everywhere.

And I HAVE ALL THE cfs and IL-2 games and a ME-262 would have a definate advantage over the Meteor. The only advantage the Meteor had was better engines.

the Me-262 and a P-80 would have been a good fight. The P-80 was more manuverable but the 262 was faster. The P-80 didnt pack the cannons the 262 did but it was a proven fact that the 6 x .50cals had the desired effect.

mondogenerator

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Are you talking about the P80 having 6 0.50 cals or the 262? The 262a1 had 6 30mm cannons while the a2 had 4 and to bomb mounts on the nose in front of the nose wheel. I would still say the 262 would have an advantage over the P80 as it had a better climb rate...but since these sorts of things cannot be replicated in the BF engine its a bit trivial;)

To be honest the 0.50 is quite weak compared to 20mm hispano cannons. The P47 did well with 8 but it still did not have the power of the tempests 4 20mm hispano cannons.

As for spits the most mass produced verison where the IX (in two variations, clipped and normal wing and later with refined tail) and were thought to be the very pinacle of the spitfire until the XIV but people may argue otherwise but eitherway the XIV was a later war plane where as the IX was more suited to early war years and with the VB should be on all the desert maps with a tropical filter.

mondogenerator

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Are you talking about the P80 having 6 0.50 cals or the 262? The 262a1 had 6 30mm cannons while the a2 had 4 and to bomb mounts on the nose in front of the nose wheel. I would still say the 262 would have an advantage over the P80 as it had a better climb rate...but since these sorts of things cannot be replicated in the BF engine its a bit trivial;)

To be honest the 0.50 is quite weak compared to 20mm hispano cannons. The P47 did well with 8 but it still did not have the power of the tempests 4 20mm hispano cannons.

As for spits the most mass produced verison where the IX (in two variations, clipped and normal wing and later with refined tail) and were thought to be the very pinacle of the spitfire until the XIV but people may argue otherwise but eitherway the XIV was a later war plane where as the IX was more suited to early war years and with the VB should be on all the desert maps with a tropical filter. Also virtually no models past the V had the 8 0.303's. That should definatly be addressed as most of the spits in the desert were VB's and later models which had the 2 20mm cannons and 4 0.303's or E wing

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

I was referring to the P-80 having the 6 X .50cal's. While the weight of fire from the 262 was vastly superior to the P-80, the 6 X .50'S was capable of taking down enemy aircraft. I dont think the 262 was near as robust as the MiG-15 and the US were able to shoot down MiG's in Korea wiht the .50's. (No arguments please on who had the better kill ratio)