torni

GF makes me horny

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

91 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

I have played the mod some days now and would like to give a little feedback.

First of all - Thank you very much for a great and promising mod! This will be what I will be playing in the future when some things are improved.

Maps: Look good, but are sometimes heavy Atlantic is totally unplayable because of lag Karelia is often very laggy too and Orel as a big map is little laggy

Music and finnish troops are a nice touch in Karelia, but the map is narrow and usually unbalanced when finnish forces are slaughtered on the beach.

Maybe wider map and possibility to move closer to other beach with ground forces to give backup.

Many of the maps can easily become unbalanced where other team is pinned down and getting killed all the time. Give more chances to outflank enemy and move more freely.

Crete map is big with many flags but few men. Germans have airdrop and airpower advantage and are allmost every time the winner. A lot of running around as an infantry man. (more jeeps)

Summary: - Optimize maps, not as heavy - Design maps with several routes to the flags to avoid camping - Number of flags, positions and vehicles to give a fun gaming experience - In every stage of design keep in mind: between realistic accuracy and fun - I choose fun!

OSMGuderian

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

18 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

torniI have played the mod some days now and would like to give a little feedback.

First of all - Thank you very much for a great and promising mod! This will be what I will be playing in the future when some things are improved.

Maps: Look good, but are sometimes heavy Atlantic is totally unplayable because of lag Karelia is often very laggy too and Orel as a big map is little laggy

Music and finnish troops are a nice touch in Karelia, but the map is narrow and usually unbalanced when finnish forces are slaughtered on the beach.

Maybe wider map and possibility to move closer to other beach with ground forces to give backup.

Many of the maps can easily become unbalanced where other team is pinned down and getting killed all the time. Give more chances to outflank enemy and move more freely.

Crete map is big with many flags but few men. Germans have airdrop and airpower advantage and are allmost every time the winner. A lot of running around as an infantry man. (more jeeps)

Summary: - Optimize maps, not as heavy - Design maps with several routes to the flags to avoid camping - Number of flags, positions and vehicles to give a fun gaming experience - In every stage of design keep in mind: between realistic accuracy and fun - I choose fun!

Lag is probably the server....watch the ping....The maps are historical replicas of the terrain. I can't see how they could make new routes. More jeeps true...and better teamwork. How many time have you played a server were the soldiers would drive to a flag without a passenger. If I remember correctly many jeep have fours seats ie... the movie "Patton"

I think you have some good points though.......

torni

GF makes me horny

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

91 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

OSMGuderianLag is probably the server....watch the ping....The maps are historical replicas of the terrain. I can't see how they could make new routes. More jeeps true...and better teamwork. How many time have you played a server were the soldiers would drive to a flag without a passenger. If I remember correctly many jeep have fours seats ie... the movie "Patton"

I think you have some good points though.......

Thanks for the reply.

The stutter is not because of ping because I play mostly on servers with ping 30-50 (I have a broadband connection) and the lag is on sertain maps only.

About historical accuracy: the Karelian isthmus is huge and terrain there gives a lot of options for a map designer. As a finn I should know :-)

This is the fun factor I was talking about. The terrain doesn't really have to be historically identical if the game play is balanced and fun. Dont you agree?

On the number of jeeps you have a point. Reality of public servers just has those jeeps moving nearly empty and then one would like to have an alternative transport..