29 Infantry

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

49 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I wonder if this is a good idea, but oh well i will just go for it. To start i think a enemy disguise class would be cool. You go to a packet, pick it up and now you have the enemy uniform on, now i dont no what would be better, your name still blue if your an allied or red if axis,your name changes to the color that the enemy is, or you cant see the name at all. So if you get this package you still speak your language so you might not want to talk, and the enemy will not care about you being next to them so you shoot him. Oh ya put these disguise packest in a very good hiding spot, and if you do find it dont tell every body ware it is during in game.

C38368

...burning angel wings to dust

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,013 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

TFC Spy, anyone? Err... given the nature of BF42's maps, it probably wouldn't be that crazy, but still... Y'know, this kinda already exists, to an extent. Since picking up an enemy kit gives you their headgear and other "stuff" (like those canisters some Germans wear on their backs), and since it can--sometimes--be very difficult to make out nametags... well, let's just say I've seen more than one TK (and committed them myself), and been killed many times over thinking that my teammate was really an enemy, or that enemy was really my teammate. Realistically, though, I don't think FH is the right kind of mod for this sorta thing. It'd be great in a more tactical/strategic game (something along the lines of Commandos or the various Rogue Thorn games), but I'm not sure that it'd be all that great of a fit with FH.

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

ActionBF mod allows you to "fake death". If you are going to put in spies, give them that feature too

CooL™

Your mommy thinks I'm cute. =D

50 XP

13th March 2004

0 Uploads

224 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Y'know, this is actually kinda good, but the "spy" kit should spawn in like, your HQ or something. And once the guy with the spy kit dies, it should take a VERY long time for it to spawn again, so as not to abuse this power. And yeah, I really should think that FH should fix that thing where a soldier also uses the helmet of a fallen soldier. I mean, IRL why would anyone want to do that?:confused:

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

okay do you think there were spys at Omaha beach,Stalingrad,Battle of Berlin ;)?

schnuple

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

4th February 2004

0 Uploads

35 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago
BAMmeuokay do you think there were spys at Omaha beach,Stalingrad,Battle of Berlin ;)?

Yeah, maybe people should be using their imagination to find enemy positions and shoot straight.

AngryTurtle

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

37 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

How about adding a civilian class? I mean these cities are pretty empty so why not add some character to it? As the civilian you get no weapons, can't capture any spawn points, and your only purpose is to run around the city and look cool. You can also pick up a kit and be a resistance fighter. Wait what were we talking about again?

Seriously though, i think C38---whatever (the second guy who posted) summed it all up in his post. Not a good idea for a mod like this.

BAM

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

no but what im talking about is that FH is about Battles and i dont think there wereso many spyes that runned around infiltration on the front line ..

A_Rude_Gesture

Scanian Partisan

50 XP

18th March 2004

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago
BAMmeuno but what im talking about is that FH is about Battles and i dont think there wereso many spyes that runned around infiltration on the front line ..

I have to agree. Spies were used primarily for getting information before a battle....not during. The game focuses on the battles and not the arduos work of collecting information of army movements etc. However, if I'm not mistaken I think they implemented the spy class/kit in the Empires mod, but since I can't get the mod to work I can't comment on if it's good or not. Anyway, Empires is based on the old command&conquer games and tries to implement units accordingly. To sum up, the use of spies is not in anyway historically correct, neither do I see any point in implementing it for gamingpurposes. Hence I have to say that I don't like the idea. //A_Rude_Gesture

BAM

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

and dont forget that wearing your enemys uniform gets punished with death! (lol)