Artie

CCCP

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

545 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Ski troops were a major part of many Soviet/German and Western European winter battles and I think they would be great additions to winter maps such as Valirisk and the Battle of the Bulge. Skis would be found in kits around the map and would give foot soldiers some much needed speed and manueverability.

Soviet adhi13b.jpg

German/Norwegian skipostr.jpg

US COCamphaleSkiFormation.jpg

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Find away to code it and its a good idea.

Artie

CCCP

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

545 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago
Artie BuccoFind away to code it and its a good idea.

I'm not much of a programmer, so I wouldn't really know about that. But, I'm sure there's a way to make it happen.

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

cant be done withough SDK hell you cant even make infantry sprin like in DoD.

Lt. Valentine

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,679 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

looks like he ripped your name or something but thats not the point.It would be fun to see ski troops but *does sdk dance*

Artie

CCCP

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

545 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago
Lord Of The P!ngslooks like he ripped your name or something but thats not the point.It would be fun to see ski troops but *does sdk dance*

Artie's my real name, so I didn't rip anything.

Witch Hunter General

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

19th May 2003

0 Uploads

350 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

"Den Norske Skijegerbataljonen" (loosely translate into: the Norwegian skihunterbattalion) quite interesting that formation....it probably has more reqruitment-posters than anything else from the war, and yet no more than 800(I believe) ever served in it, and it wasn't exactely a crack formation either.

The finns used skiis to great effect against the russians.....but as mentioned: SDK

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

yea its obvious that he stole "Artie" from "Artie Bucco" because it is such a rare name :rolleyes:

artie you have quite an affinity for the soviets, what tank of theirs would you want to see most in FH?

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

Yeah almost everyone knows i stole my name off the Sopranos

Artie

CCCP

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

545 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

judge reinholdyea its obvious that he stole "Artie" from "Artie Bucco" because it is such a rare name :rolleyes:

artie you have quite an affinity for the soviets, what tank of theirs would you want to see most in FH?

I'd definitely like to see the KV-1 and IS-2 the most. For some reason or another, there's a lack of heavy Soviet tanks in FH. :rolleyes: