[CC] Chief

Last of the Mohicans...naah

50 XP

18th July 2002

0 Uploads

429 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

1. Make a new version of Bocage with more flags, more terrain to cover and more tactically interesting objects (hedges, cottages, small roads etc)

2. Make a new version of Market Garden with a larger city, a bit like in the Battle of Orel, to more correctly reflect the size of the battles that took place when the allies tried to reach Arnhem.

3. Make a completely new Omaha-beach map. The recent releases of FH have shown that the team has very skilled mappers so it shouldn't be too hard for them to make a map which more correctly reflects the hectic situation at the beaches of Normandy aka make everything happen at a larger scale: multiple ships along the coastline , more german cannons, MG-nests etc

4. There is a certain battle, I seem to have forgotten the name of the place just now, where the largest tankbattle in WW2 took place. That would be an excellent opportunity to make a thoroughly enjoyable map.

5. Redo the Berlin-map and make everything a lot larger, maybe even with two allied sides (americans/russians) to choose from fighting together against the lasts remnants of the german army.

TrUlster

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

4th October 2003

0 Uploads

36 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

>1. Make a new version of Bocage with more flags, more terrain to cover >and more tactically interesting objects (hedges, cottages, small roads etc)

Hedges defninitely. After all that is what put the bocage into Bocage! DICE's map is a very poor representation of bocage terrain, infantry are owned by tanks in open terrain, not at all like what happened historically.

>5. Redo the Berlin-map and make everything a lot larger, maybe even with >two allied sides (americans/russians) to choose from fighting together >against the lasts remnants of the german army.

Stick to Soviets vs Germans, there were no Americans anywhere near Berlin!

Another interesting map would be a Burma map, Japanese vs British (a match not seen yet in bf). Lots of jungle, mostly infantry with some tanks and planes.

Sevastapol also begs for a map. Germans vs Soviets, siege and asssault of a huge city. Perhaps the gargantuan German railway artilley can be included. In addition to the city assault some small gun boats would also fit.

CMSGT Johnson

I need an Enola Gay,can I?...

50 XP

4th October 2003

0 Uploads

244 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

'[CC Chief']1. Make a new version of Bocage with more flags, more terrain to cover and more tactically interesting objects (hedges, cottages, small roads etc)

2. Make a new version of Market Garden with a larger city, a bit like in the Battle of Orel, to more correctly reflect the size of the battles that took place when the allies tried to reach Arnhem.

3. Make a completely new Omaha-beach map. The recent releases of FH have shown that the team has very skilled mappers so it shouldn't be too hard for them to make a map which more correctly reflects the hectic situation at the beaches of Normandy aka make everything happen at a larger scale: multiple ships along the coastline , more german cannons, MG-nests etc

4. There is a certain battle, I seem to have forgotten the name of the place just now, where the largest tankbattle in WW2 took place. That would be an excellent opportunity to make a thoroughly enjoyable map.

5. Redo the Berlin-map and make everything a lot larger, maybe even with two allied sides (americans/russians) to choose from fighting together against the lasts remnants of the german army.

#1 GOOD IDEA, this should also be done to a few other maps, i.e. El Al, Gazala, etc, etc...

#2 hmmmmm Yeah that would be nice, but I dont think it should be really high priority, b/c the one we got is pretty good.

#3 FH devs are workin on it. :)

#4 Hmm beats the hell outa me, :kerian: I dont know either, sounds good though.

#5 Berlin, does need to be redone, needs to be bigger and better looking. Btw, Americans werent close enough to help in that engagement.

HeLmUt_KlAmKe

Hell on Mute™

50 XP

29th August 2003

0 Uploads

729 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

1. The bocage was called "green hell" ..and the DICE is really unhistorical and needs to be redone/edited 2. FH devs are already working on that..the map is a city map with tanks (Brits vs. Germans) 3. The new omaha from FH teams is the one that everyone is waiting for...i hope its based only on the beach landing and no big terrain behind them 4. The Kursk tank battle was one of the biggest armour fight in history of warfare 5. Maybe Berlin with really high buildings (6-7 floors) and the Reichstag

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago
HeLmUt_KlAmKe 2. FH devs are already working on that..the map is a city map with tanks (Brits vs. Germans)

No they arent...

Miggins

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

21 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

Are there any plans for a St. Nazaire Commando raid map? (I think that's the place. The one where they tried to blow up a dry dock with an expolsive laden destroyer.)

If the lock gates could be made to be destroyable and a timer set on the ship at the start of the map you could make the allied forces try to hold off the Axis troops from getting to the ship to disarm the bomb.

I am unaware of the problems this might cause in creating a map for this, but the number of times I have bee the rear gunner on a ship that has been beached by another player always makes me think of this action in WW2.

A fleet of the small boats that are in the Atlantic map could featre heavily in St. Nazaire as I think the Allied forces used small boats rather than actual landing craft, and a few motor torpedo boats.