GF makes me horny

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

78 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Hi,

yesterday i played the new mod "Silent Heros" and i noticed a fantastic feature. ( I think ) When the soldier is loosing his health (points) the sigth discolor into black with an small brigth spot in the middle. With any further damage the background increase his darkness, only the spot in the middle remains constant brigth.

With the dark backround its very hard to spot and shoot down an enemy. :smokin:

Its a possibility to bate the ability to figth by an wounded soldier and you will maybe reduce the rambo runs !

Greetings ! :rock:

ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,134 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

they should alo make it so that when you loose about half of your health bar you start to walk slower, or maybe the devs could also make a limping animation

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I don't like the idea.. it would piss people off too much, I know that I would find it annoying.. the wound animation idea is nice though, as well as the slow walk. It shouldn't cause too much slowdown, but it should be noticeable. Maybe also visible wounds, where the damage was done.

These are all good suggestions, but we gotta stay realistic. It would probably take a lot of time and work to create these for everything. It's not an easy thing to do, and all kinds of damages need to be made (as they all difference, together with their damage done).

AngryTurtle

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

37 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Yea, but i'm pretty sure that would require an SDK. An injury system should worsen your aim if you were shot in the arm, slow you down if in the leg and something else for head/chest shots. I'd also like to see it happen to vehicles too. If certian areas on a vehicle gets shot it affects performance based on where it was shot. While i'm dreaming i'd also like a 2003 BMW 7 series.... :(

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

I absolutly love the blackout in SH. You dont like it?, then dont get shot. It greatly decreases an injured soldiers fighting potential and give a far better use for medics and medical cabnetes. Peaple want to get healed alot more when they cant see squat.

Play SH first and then comment on it.

Limping and variable speeds are very difficult to do, even with an sdk, wich we dont have.

el bandito

Captain of jelly

50 XP

28th October 2003

0 Uploads

377 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Perhaps, given what's been done with Silent Heroes, it's possible to slow the X-hair flare based on how injured you are? That way, a 1/2 injured sniper isn't going to be as sure a shot as a mostly injured sniper. Same with assaulters. It forces people to be aware of how they attack, the style of attack and if they have APC support!

F2 F7!!!

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

SH ownz so hard

Swe_Flying_Frog

The Frogs Will Invade By Air

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Yeah the swedish guys on SH do know how to do a mod ;) Would be happy to see the blackness when you get shot. Seems more realistic then having the same vision when you got like 3 shots in you. Is it possible when a grenade or something goes of just a 1 meter from you to make you just hearing your own heart beatings for a few seconds and then hear wissiling and then hear the battle again. just like Call of Duty :D

Well what do you say?

ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,134 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago
Is it possible when a grenade or something goes of just a 1 meter from you to make you just hearing your own heart beatings for a few seconds and then hear wissiling and then hear the battle again. just like Call of Duty

Its been said before, but they should just make it a ringing in your ears, cause if a nade went off near you i dont think you would be able to hear anything, let alone your heartbeat

Saruman

GF makes me horny

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

78 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

@KingRudolf Thats true when you will change this many ppl will cry ahh "its not good to play" or "plz change it it does not make fun" and maybe we lose some players who find this feature very bad but i think it will improve the realistic facet.

Once again the fh devs stays on a cross way , would they choose the one direction when they could lose some players because of the realistic affect .... or the other way where they incrase the arcade effect that will bring the mod more players but not ( i belief ) the glorious tactical deepness.

Well i hope they will choose the rigth way !

Greetings ! :rock: