Swe_Flying_Frog

The Frogs Will Invade By Air

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

As everyone here know. It should be more realistic with an ironsigth on the rifle insteed of of like zooming in. If anyone sys it is impossible, THEY HAVE WRONG The Swedish mod SilentHeroes (GO SWEDEN!! :D) Has made very good ironsigths on their rifles. I know this has been asked for before but i just want to refresh this idea wich is very good :)

Is it planned and gonna be ingame with 0.6?? Well hope i will see it ingame.

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I believe the Soldier9 mod had the same thing, it's a good suggestion, which we might see soon. It appears that the 0.6 release has some "surprises" for us, which we don't know of yet. Away with the crosshair, add in the ironsight. This will most certainly also get rid of the "UT 2003" gameplay.. jumping, strafing and shooting.. realistic? No.. anyways, it's a good suggestion Frog. ;)

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Iron Sights would be nice, but too many IS threads floating around to discuss it more in here.

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

GEEZ! How many more ppl are going to start this topic? It was dicussed trillions of times! Do a search!

Winther

FH Betatester

50 XP

16th November 2003

0 Uploads

678 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Yep, discussed a gazillion times. Too bad we can't get those über cool CoD ironsights that would rock arse. Those 2D ones suck ='(

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Just played SH... all i got to say is that thier iron sights SUCK! They should take a look at the way DC made iron sights on those nade-launchers, those rock (although i don't even play DC). When you are focusing at a far away target down your barrel, you do just that, you focus on the far away target and that means that the sights in front you of you are out of focus! DC team understands that and made the sights "blurred". However, the SH team did not understand it, and made them 100% crisp... YAK!

Crimman

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

130 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

i think that ironsights should be done with the model, not a fake gritty image (silent heros).

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago
Crimmani think that ironsights should be done with the model, not a fake gritty image (silent heros).

This has been explained before by the devs. With the model the gun is a bit at an angle, so it does not align well. Secondly, when you go prone, the BF player animation raises ur gun slightly, and this does not work at all with model iron sights.....

Formerly Human

PsP Leutnant for WaW Axis

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

383 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Of course, it would make picking someone off from 500 yards with a K98 (always ticks me off) something that requires skill

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago
Formerly HumanOf course, it would make picking someone off from 500 yards with a K98 (always ticks me off) something that requires skill

That why i am 100% for the idea. But we need something better then SH's