ShowroomDummy

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Jagpanther would be great addition to the German arsenal. It would be as feared as the KingTiger. It had (if I recall correctly) 120 mm gun, with VERY THICK frontal armour. I saw a real one in London Royal War Museum (or something).. and it was big as H***! Hope it is added in some point. Of course the Elefant is almost the same, except with thinner armor and worse frontal elevation.

The Sturmpanzer's gun is also too small. I think it had some 300mm artillery gun installed into it. The gun should be bigger in diameter in the game.

-SSLS- dEmOnSpAwN

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

16th September 2003

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

[QUOTE=ShowroomDummy]Jagpanther would be great addition to the German arsenal. It would be as feared as the KingTiger. It had (if I recall correctly) 120 mm gun, with VERY THICK frontal armour. I saw a real one in London Royal War Museum (or something).. and it was big as H***! Hope it is added in some point. Of course the Elefant is almost the same, except with thinner armor and worse frontal elevation.

The Sturmpanzer's gun is also too small. I think it had some 300mm artillery gun installed into it. The gun should be bigger in diameter in the game.[/

Both had the 88mm Pak 43/3 L/71 not 120 mm

The armour ....Jagdpanther Front 80mm @ 55 degrees. Max speed : 46km/h Weight:45500kg

Elephant/fedinand Front 200mm @ 20-25 degrees. Max Speed 25km/h Weight : 65000kg(Ferdinand) 70000kg(Elephant)

And about the Sturmpanzer IV or Brummbär It had a 150mm StuH 43 L/12 not a 300mm I guess you are thinking about the Sturmpanzer VI / Tiger-Mörser that had a 380mm Stu M RW61 L/5.4 "In January 1945, a single round from a Sturmtiger reportedly destroyed three American M-4 Sherman tanks located in a targeted village."

But I want all ingame :naughty:

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I think he meant the Jagdtiger, with the 128mmL55 and 200mm front armour.

-SSLS- dEmOnSpAwN

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

16th September 2003

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago
Major HartmannI think he meant the Jagdtiger, with the 128mmL55 and 200mm front armour.

Can be but that museum dont have a Jagdtiger. Bowington tankmuseum have 1 though

ShowroomDummy

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Sorry, I meant the Jagtiger. (My tank-expertise is somewhat inadequate.) And same goes for the Sturmpanzer...

Major Haartmann and other member staff: Is there going to be a Jagtiger or/and Tiger-Mörser in the game. Are you at least considering adding these?

Demonspawn: I visited that war museum in London, which has huge naval guns in front of the building. Located near a park. I'm not sure of the name though. There was a Jagtiger, it had a ripped/gun shot hole on the side.

Sorry about the mixing of these tanks. Anyway these tanks would be nice in the mod.

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

They will be there, but atm other things have higher priority (Il 2, IS2, ...)

-SSLS- dEmOnSpAwN

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

16th September 2003

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago
Major HartmannThey will be there, but atm other things have higher priority (Il 2, IS2, ...)

and the Panzerkampfwagen VI Ausf. B?

the Darkness VIP Member

Advanced Member

50 XP

20th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,333 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

They could import the Secret Weapons SturmTiger into the mod, as a place holder. But would that make the mod dependent on the SW game? If it does, then I vote wait on the mod teams version.

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

The Royal Tiger will be done by the same guy who did the StuG3G, so expect it to take a while, but be a real blast... (Probably not next version)

We can't use anything from SW without forcing you to have SW, and we don't want to do that. Also I don't think that much of the Sturmtiger model in SW.

[UGB]Brewster

GF makes me horny

50 XP

26th September 2003

0 Uploads

99 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

Out of interest Major Hartmann, is there any intent to ever charge for this mod? Like DC :spits in disgust: or are you nice people :p