sep.

Confused by stupid avatars.

50 XP

5th February 2004

0 Uploads

40 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Ya, I've noticed that this mod has a few problems in the area of keeping it's fanbased informed with any reliable information. Any plans to fix this in the future not involving poorly written sci-fi/fantasy material?

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Doesn't this belong in the tech. support section...j/k sep. ;)

sep.

50 XP

5th February 2004

0 Uploads

40 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Good question, if I don't get a response from the people in charge I guess I'll put it in there.

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Your probably refering to the fact that you don´t get enough info on 0.6. Well everyone here feels like that and most agree...

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

18th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

I do. nothing will change it, except for the release of 0.6, which is what we are waiting for in the first place....

sep.

50 XP

5th February 2004

0 Uploads

40 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

It's an easy problem to fix, it's not a bug hidden deep in the code, or meshing models in preparation for skinning. All the DC Team needs to do is tell those making news posts to do so more often, OR get some reliable people to do it for them. They can whine as much as they like about not having the time to do it, and that there are more important things to be done, but I'm SURE there are 100's of fans who'd be willing to do (a terrible job of) it. How about for the next "beta competition" they have an essay competition about why you'd be able to reliably report what is going on in the mod, etc. to the curious fanbase. That way you can get another stupid little competition out of the way, and by looking at the writing in each application see who truly has the skills you want in a dedicated PR person. This way you allow the person access to the beta AND provide the fans with a dedicated source of info. Say you want 2 posts a week, of X Length etc. ,and if these expectations are not met: FIRE THE BASTID! So instead of an image hunt on google for some creep's picture, how about a more productive competition that could lead to actual benefit both for the mod team AND fanbase. Hell you don't even need someone who betatests, just get someone who is too lazy/doesn't have the writing skills to inform people what's going on to talk with this "dedicated poster" for 10 minutes about what's going on, have them sum it up, and post it. That simple. At least just quit it with these stories. It's an ineffective way to give the wanted information out, and an even bigger waste of the readers/writers time. If you want to write stories, leave it for the FH Stories board, or some online Fantasy/Sci-Fi amature writer's forum. When info is wanted on a subject like a new game release, most gamers will find themselves wanting the facts. The facts without a protective layer of BS that's been garnished with just a hint of illiteracy. P.S.: The fact that these stories have become virtual picture books makes it all the more pitiful.

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago
All the DC Team needs to do

I'm going to assume you meant FH team.

Your prayers have been answered... http://www.gamingforums.com/showthread.php?t=111985

sep.

50 XP

5th February 2004

0 Uploads

40 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago
Uncle_SamI'm going to assume you meant FH team. Your prayers have been answered... http://www.gamingforums.com/showthread.php?t=111985

You see how annoyed I am?