GF makes me horny

50 XP

26th September 2003

0 Uploads

99 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

What have you guys done to Karelia!!!

The Finns have G43 automatic rifles! Surely they were not used at that point in the war?

The problem was before was that neither side found it easy to recapture the middle flags after they were lost. Now it is easier for the Finns and harder for the Russians!

You need to take LMG's out of the spawn kits, so many campers sitting in bushes, shooting you with MG's before you even spot them! Realistic? Maybe. Fun? Hardly! ;)

So now the Finns have a deadly accurate LMG, an automatic rifle, trenches which you can exit without coming under intense enemy fire. What is next? Magic force fields and atomic bombs :P Their only disadvantage is their reliance on boats to get across if pushed back.

The Russians have 1 tank (easily erased by the panzershreck) bolt action rifles, barely accurate LMG, plus trenches which you cant get out of without getting shot at.

Honestly, I really think it is worse now than it was before.

On a plus note, the laggyness has decreased, good job.

hatchetman

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

127 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

I agree with most of that. I haven't played it recently, but before the patch the major problems I noticed were: The "Finns" once pushed back, have a ridiculously hard time boating across and regaining ground, especially with a lot of people playing, creating a line of Russians across the shore to boat through, and the other problem is the difficulty of the Russians trying to reain land. The Russins have to pass through the narrowest point on the map to get back in the battle, while the Germans...ehem..."Finns" at least have the widest part of the map to boat through.

Also, I totally agree with removing LMGs.

[UGB]Brewster

GF makes me horny

50 XP

26th September 2003

0 Uploads

99 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Had a great idea last night, well maybe :P change the map so you cant spawn at the middle flags, this would mean that reinforcements have to come up from the mainbase, you could then keep the LMG's cos if they die it would take a while to get back where they were camping ;)

Heinrichs

Üb Aug und Hand fürs Vaterland

50 XP

23rd March 2003

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

i dont have a major problem concerning the map-balance. the only thing that really bothers me is the lag. i don't have a slow computer(p4 2,53, 768Ram and a Gf4 ti4200) but it lags like hell. maybe it would get better if you'll delete some of the sand-hills that fill the gaps between the trenches and the groundmesh of the map.they create needless polys and dont do anything to enhance the look or the gameplay. i have no experiance with the mapeditor so i don't know if you can deform the ground-mesh t'ill the trenches fit in the gaps properly. oh and by the way, could you please retexture the wooden bunker on the russian and the finn-side and give them the same beautifull textures the trenches in the center have got. besides that i really love that map.. its exelent work and has an intense and belivable atmosphere.

hasund

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

25 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

I haven't played the map as much after the new patch but it is one of my faves (along with the other forest map), However seing that they gave a tanks to the allied disappointed me. This map is very hard for the team that loses the first frontline post first, but it's far harder for the axis to cross the lake than for the allied to attack their closest post. Adding a tank makes it even easier for the alles.

ANyway, the times I've played the map, it seems the tank doesn't have that much impact on teamplay. WHat I consider to be the most important issue with this map now, has to do with the boats. They are simply too hard to enter, and to hard to leave. This gives the allies an unfair advantage. Don't ge me wrong, I appreciate the hard battle (hence this is my fave map), and playing as underdogs can be a lot of fun. But it's in no way realistic or fair that the finns has to struggle so much with entering/filling the boat and getting out of them is not always a smooth experience either.

The boats could have positions. This creates a new problem: The passengers will be to easy to take out. A solution would be tbeing able to "float free" like in the cargo plane at Crete (E enters fixed position, E again enters "free" position. Of course this would make it harder to get out of the boat, unless if tehre was a way to jump out easily with the space button.

[UGB]Brewster

GF makes me horny

50 XP

26th September 2003

0 Uploads

99 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

The tank doesn't affect the Finns getting across the water, as it cant easily get round all the obstacles, but TBH the map doesn't need it. The problem is the immense inbalance in the weapons now.

Before you could forgive the MG34's a little bit 'cos the allied rifle had more shots, but now the Finns have the G43 the Russians are double stuffed.

hasund

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

25 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

That is a form of balance then, as it is relatively (a lot) harder for finns to cross lake than for allies to take the first post.

[UGB]Brewster

GF makes me horny

50 XP

26th September 2003

0 Uploads

99 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

How do you work that out? The Russians capping the first post is twice as hard as the other way round. Most people spawn in the Russian trenches, which are pretty hard to get out of without getting shot.

hasund

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

25 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago
'[UGBBrewster']How do you work that out? The Russians capping the first post is twice as hard as the other way round. Most people spawn in the Russian trenches, which are pretty hard to get out of without getting shot.

Ye,s but by first post I mean the alled trench post (if only bf posts had easily understandable names...)

That is, if the allies has three posts it is harder for axis to break through than if axis has three posts. It's almost impossible if the axis defence are well organised along the shore, especially because the boat entering problem consumes axis resources.

[UGB]Brewster

GF makes me horny

50 XP

26th September 2003

0 Uploads

99 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

I dont agree that its easy for the Allies to attack from their mainbase. There are always loads of MG's covering the narrow route from the town, and now the infantry get G43's its nearly impossible.