Sky_Hunter

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

4th March 2004

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

A katana instead of a knife for Japanese officers would be good.

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

The use of the search button would be nice as well.

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

lol this subjet has been brought up many times , but think of it this way artie if he would has brought up a dead thread he woulda gotton flamed so .... i dont really mind when they bring it up again and again . lol but i was one for this , it would be awsome for officers.

Sky_Hunter

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

4th March 2004

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

I just bought the game last weekend and downloaded the mod last night. I havent had time to read through all the posts but i looked through a bunch of them. The fact it was brought up before just shows how great an idea this is.

Swe_Flying_Frog

The Frogs Will Invade By Air

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Well. i've heard here at gamingforums that the katana was not very strong. it could easily brake in battle so it was not that common as it is in hollywood movies. In the other way it could be very cool with officer katanas so why not like make the katana reach further then the knife and let it make more damage then the knife but it could like brake after like 4-6 times or something (Then if you're that stupid so you're hitting the wall with the katana and it brakes, then it's your own problem :D)

StoneyBrigand

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

21st March 2004

0 Uploads

39 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

lol, that would be a REALLLY crappy katana if it broke in 6 swings. They were more of a ceremonial symbol then a combat weapon. i would like to see them as part of an officer's uniform, even if they arnt used asa weapon.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

lol this have been sugested and discussed so many times ...

[1.SS.Pz]LSSAH

You suck at the Internet.

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

536 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago
McGibs.They were more of a ceremonial symbol then a combat weapon. i would like to see them as part of an officer's uniform, even if they arnt used asa weapon.

Yeah, now that would be cool. I think putting in a functional katana would be a little much, but having it as an aesthetic complement would be cool.

G.I. Bob

GF makes me horny

50 XP

11th December 2003

0 Uploads

84 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

I think what they mean when they say it was more ceremonial than functional is that American marines didn't see a Japanese officer coming and say "Look out, he has a katana!" The officer wouldn't run into combat brandishing his katana, but he could certainly use it in close combat if it came to that. It would be much better than using a knife.

I for one would love to see a katana in-game.

ifixphns

VMA-121 U.S.M.C. WOLF RAIDERS

50 XP

20th January 2004

0 Uploads

22 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

I too would like to see it ingame in one form or another. As for not running into combat brandishing it, footage exsist of Japanese officers leading Banzai charges with Katana drawn. I hear the BG42 mod has it ingame