Nurenig

FH Xlite

50 XP

26th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,031 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Is it possible to make it that the King Tiger & the Tiger have shitty engines, Like the way when you go under water in a sub u have oxygen for a set ammount of time. Well would it be posible to recode it that once the bar runs to zero the tank becomes imobile & thus a sitting duck, Just An Idea

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Then you would need to do it for all tanks...or it wouldn't be right at all

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I´d wait for the King Tiger and see how its balanced. Battlegroup 1942 also has a King Tiger, and its not such an ÜBER tank. (still the best, but not ÜBER ! They to claim to be historiclly accurate).

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

well..Its bound to be REALY slow, I'd laugh if the tractor beats it, thats its weakness, a sherman could run rings around it.

[21Pzr]Sander LW

Bombs away!

50 XP

8th February 2004

0 Uploads

84 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Eh, not really most tanks where very reliable. The Panthers engine was enough to haul its nearly 50 some metric ton ass around the battlefield. But when the KingTiger had its weight increased to 70 some metric tons, the engine ment to carry the Panther had problems that where stress related, not to mention the drive train, transmission, and road wheels added to some of the problems. Most of the KingTigers where abandoned due to engine problems. http://www.krieglord.com/kingtige.htm Im wondering though how much the already complaining allies will like the KingTiger. With its more powerful L/71 version of the 88mm, it could kill most allied tanks at 3000m range. It was also quoted in that link that the allies said "If you see a King Tiger on the battlefield, make your excuses and leave." I'm praying that FH makes this grand tank as powerful as it should be and won't give in to complaining if there is any. Most likely battles like Battle of the Buldge, which is hard to win because of the Tiger already, will be extremely difficult because the King Tiger will be there. Also I think another impossible map for the allies, Korsun, uses a King Tiger once it comes out. I'm not sure though.

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

To put in the Tiger's faulty engines IMO would just detract from gameplay. Anyway, the Tigers will be shot up enough, they don't need to stop in the middle of the battle. I'm sure they won't but a KT on a map with no possible allied counter, whether it be AT guns, more tanks, or air power

dRaStiQ

Master and Commander

50 XP

26th October 2003

0 Uploads

580 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

I think they should have full power but there should be counters to em,

I dunno what really, anything from the gerries not being able to spawn as an engi so that the tanks can be gradually worn down without the entire team huddled behind it with spanners making it practically unstoppable, also making sure the allies have LOTS of armour vs it, and preferably a few nice tank busting planes, so that the KT doesnt just destroy all semblance of balance.

but from what Gibsy has said already Im guessing this has already been takin into consideration.

Mast3rofPuppets VIP Member

08'aIgnorance is not an excuse

50 XP

28th November 2003

0 Uploads

8,198 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

I think the counter is that it's like 10 T-34/Shermans per KingTiger

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Removing the wrench would ensure that these strong vehicles won't live forever.. ofcourse there still need to be a way to remove mines and expacks.

dRaStiQ

Master and Commander

50 XP

26th October 2003

0 Uploads

580 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago
Master of PuppetsI think the counter is that it's like 10 T-34/Shermans per KingTiger

that works

Oh you could make wrenches so they could disable mines but not heal (couldnt you? .. devs?)