[BlitzJ]Fenrir

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

30th April 2003

0 Uploads

35 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I'm sure this has been brought up before but I had seen at one time that someone had modeled a KingTiger. Will it be making an appearance in the mod? I could see it in later war maps against similar tanks but with a slower speed and turret traverse as well as perhaps a secondary position at the hull MG to make it less susceptible to enemy engineers.

[FH] Razor

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

As far as i know its going to be in FH the model is done but not ingame.

[BlitzJ]Fenrir

50 XP

30th April 2003

0 Uploads

35 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Awesome! Thanks for clarrifying that. Can't wait to see it in action then. :D

Lord Nova

Hamster of War

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

If a rare tank like the king tiger is going to be in the mod... then i demand a pershing.

Those who know about the battle of Elsdorf where the pershings took on the tiger know it was a great victory for American Tankers.

Robthezombie/mk.2

#1 Canadian Psychopath

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,693 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

They're gonna have just about every tank that was in the war ! Including the Pershing of course , you won't see the super rare tanks like the Grille though.

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Well, the Kingtiger wasn't that rare. Nearly 500 were build, that's quite a lot. Anyway, since we somehow have to balance the game, and you could have as much Shermans as you want, you'd never beat a Kingtiger, there will be stronger allied tanks around :)

[BlitzJ]Fenrir

50 XP

30th April 2003

0 Uploads

35 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Yeah I wouldn't think they'd put in a KingTiger and not also have Pershings and JS's.

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Yes and they will pwn the Allies in the Bulge :)

[BlitzJ]Fenrir

50 XP

30th April 2003

0 Uploads

35 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Big time I hope. If it comes out like I think it might in having a slow turret rotation, then you still might wanna have a lighter tank to deal with tanks and infantry that slip behind you. Would be nice to see a choice between AP rounds and HE where you had to choose ammo causing a slight delay. More chance to survive infantry in an urban setting but the HE would be far more limited since Tigers were more oriented for tank battles. Then again if the armor values are close to realism, then there's really no point in HE rounds since it would take forever for an allied bazooka to wittle down the armor.

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago
Originally posted by [BlitzJ]Fenrir Big time I hope. If it comes out like I think it might in having a slow turret rotation, then you still might wanna have a lighter tank to deal with tanks and infantry that slip behind you. Would be nice to see a choice between AP rounds and HE where you had to choose ammo causing a slight delay. More chance to survive infantry in an urban setting but the HE would be far more limited since Tigers were more oriented for tank battles. Then again if the armor values are close to realism, then there's really no point in HE rounds since it would take forever for an allied bazooka to wittle down the armor.

We had teh option to switch between AP & HE rounds but we had to remove it due to problems... :uhm: