.ximon

GF makes me horny

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

95 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I think the landing crafts on D-Day invasion maps should be slower. They didn't go as fast as the do in bf42. This would add a whole lot of realism as when soldiers approach the beaches they have to duck from enemy fire before the gate drops. Same thing with stalingrad, maybe if you redid the map, you could have those small moving boats and have stukas reigning down fire (you'd have to mke the boats slightly stronger for balancing, but hey.)

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

...there is no D-day in FH right now.

I'm sure the .6 omaha will blow your socks off.

CaPtAnInSaYnO

wankasaurus wrex

50 XP

17th October 2003

0 Uploads

292 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

isnt omaha and gold beach dday?

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

theyr not in FH .5e right now are they?

CaPtAnInSaYnO

wankasaurus wrex

50 XP

17th October 2003

0 Uploads

292 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

ohhh sry i misunderstood u i thought u meant that dday and omaha beach were two different things, i also didnt realize that was u gibs with ur new avatar

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

I would be a lot happier if FH devs would manage landingcraft to carry jeeps or light tanks to the beaches, like the real ones did too.....

Not only on D Day, but also in the Pacific.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Beast of WarI would be a lot happier if FH devs would manage landingcraft to carry jeeps or light tanks to the beaches, like the real ones did too.....

Not only on D Day, but also in the Pacific.

I am sure that wouldn't be hard.

CaPtAnInSaYnO

wankasaurus wrex

50 XP

17th October 2003

0 Uploads

292 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

they can do it with planes so i dont see how boats are different

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Hmmmm...i was too fast with my opinion before studying the subject closer.....it seems the Higgins only carried jeeps.

But i found something else...

I don't think the FH devs will go through that much trouble, but the Higgins boats were not exactly the weight of the landingcraft fleet.....

The larger landing craft will no doubt have been used only after the beach was already relatively secured by the smaller landing craft like the Higgins landing craft. But these ships have always been missing in bf1942 and FH up to now. Sea invasions were not carried out from destroyers or carriers, but from troop transports with or without landing doors and launching bays.....

getpicture.php?id=533055

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

they have jeeps on the landing crafts in Action battlefield. As soon as you start going faster then about 2 knots, the jeep is flying along 50 meters behind you.

gotta love dice.