Ghost Dog

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Wow, I'm bummed! hehe. I was really looking forward to FH after checking out the site a couple days ago. Got ingame and found that there isn't a scout/sniper class. Arghola to the high heckola.

Sniper is my main class. I dabble in other but Sniper is my baby, my one true calling. As great as this mod is with new skins, maps, vehicles, etc,. I'm just unable to really enjoy it.

Hope they get put in soon.

Posted this in general also. Put this here as a suggestion to include snipers soon.

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

No! be assualt or Engineer their rifle's kick ass. scout kits are good on some maps but i don't want them taking the place of any of the classes. I knew people would go i want to be a sniper. Understand that we all can't be Vassili Zaitstev or Pvt. Jackson from Saving Private Ryan. I don't mean to sound like a prick but the majority of snipers in BF1942 suck.

Ghost Dog

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Haha, I agree that most snipers don't know jack. That is not the case with me. As I wrote above, it's my "calling" which indicates just how much effort/time I devote to my sniping skill.

In all my time playing BF and it's many mods, I have found only one person who rivals my sniper/scout skills. If that sounds cocky, it is, and for a good many reasons.

mr_Fish

>

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

106 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

With HF's 1 shot kill system, I think that it's great they didn't put snipers as respawn classes, if some one really want to snipe, he'll have to learn where snipe kits are, else we'll have 90% of team sniping

Muddy S

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

Simple way to fix this, include them as a respawn class but add serious juddering to the scope, no grenades, not even a pistol. Edit: This means you have to rely on your rifle and the novice snipers will give up because they cant hit anything with the judder and end up getting killed so much it damages their already small ego :D That should sort out the wannabe snipers from the actual snipers. Ghost dog, with you all the way being a bastard sniper myself ;)

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

people will still pick the sniper class, and will suck even more with those physics you just described. the way they have it now is perfect. most players will choose a different class and actually be useful, maybe even forget about going for the sniper kits

Mike 51

Bush/Cheney 2004 apparently

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

526 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

Snipers are just annoying: they rarely change the course of the game except through killing other snipers.

Please devs leave them out. Come on guys, every mod, and Vanilla, lets you snipe like Davey Crockett. Please please us just one mod where we can man a machine gun, take over an AA emplacement and stay prone for more than five seconds without getting shot by some idiot with leaves on his head a mile and a half away.

Muddy S

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

Its strange, they have take out the sniper rifle but put in a rifle that is so fecking acurate you can pick off a fly a mile and a half away without having to aim for more than a second...... so in fact they have created an army of snipers except these rifles are more acurate than any sniper rifle could hope to be because you dont even have to aim properly as you would with a sniper ;)

Ghost Dog

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

Just fyi for those thinking that everyone would be a sniper because the damage system...

First...Nope.

It still takes two body hits to kill as a sniper.

Second...Nope.

In the Soldier9 realsim mod, they DID make body shots instant kill with sniper. Even then, there were NOT a ton of snipers. In fact, there were less than in vanilla BF. Two reasonn I believe this happened...

1) Due to the upped damage on all weapons, the game had a more hectic pace and more action. Being a sniper is already a lonely experience and in Soldier 9, it became even moreso, knowing that you were not in on the action.

2) Anyone who spotted you could easily kill you from a good distance. In Vanilla, shoot a sniper in the mountains with an assualt gun and you maybe hit him once or twice but he doesn't die. In soldier 9, and in FH, those 2 shots DO kill the sniper which makes being a sniper harder. You really have to go undetected and to do that, you have to isolate yourself more...again, not being a part of the main action.

TerminalChoice

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

8 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

i just wanna know were the kits are, there should atleast be 2 per map, one for each side...cause there are some L337 sniper spots ive seen and havent been able to use them...