Cochise

click...boom

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

286 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I'm sorry, but the carrier elevators are a good idea gone bad, or one that you just can't implement properly in the game. I just spent almost an entire game either waiting for someone to operate the plane elevator, or, getting killed by some dumbass raising and lowering the elevator too quickly. Write the code so that when the plane gets on the elevator, it goes up and stops for 30 sec or whatever. Otherwise, it is just bullshit.

It would be great if everyone were mature enough or smart enough to use this feature but it just ain't gonna happen. This "feature" was pure hell for our team on the carrier. Not good.

perry07

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

15th February 2004

0 Uploads

6,510 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

i hate playing in servers where people just cant act serious. i love fh but it lags me up so im always in the non punkbuster servers playing with only 5 other people ;)

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

if only they could, but no sdk.

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Yea, slight OT. A lot of people currently playing the mod need to A: Go back to DC B: Go back to Vanilla and C: Act mature. I was playing crete today and it was a 30v30 server. I was axis, got on the Ju with 20 other guys. You guys know the rest. BOOM, everyone dead. It's stuff like this that pisses me off. I haven't seen the elevators in action yet, but I know what you mean by people incapable of playing this mod.

Schpetzka

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

177 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago
Uncle_SamYea, slight OT. A lot of people currently playing the mod need to A: Go back to DC B: Go back to Vanilla and C: Act mature. I was playing crete today and it was a 30v30 server. I was axis, got on the Ju with 20 other guys. You guys know the rest. BOOM, everyone dead. It's stuff like this that pisses me off. I haven't seen the elevators in action yet, but I know what you mean by people incapable of playing this mod.

I think I was in the same game as you. There were a lot of people shooting the Ju52 as it took off as well so that when the first AA gun hit everyone inside died. It was one of the least enjoyable game I'd had in a while. I just hope the new players either mature or go away.

And to get back on topic, it's a good idea but like said earlier no sdk. Sooo many things that sdk would open up but I think they're not gonna release sdk for Bf1942 so that people go over to BF:V :mad:

ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,134 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

:Puzzled: that's an interesting theory, I thought making developers be able to make better mods would make people want to buy the game, look at half-life counterstrike has brought in a ton for valve just to play the mod, never mind the original half life

DICE needs to smarten up and release an SDK (BTW you probably already know this but the new MDT (mod development tools) is out

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Christ, the HL engine is a friggin dinosaur by comparison to everything else out there, but people STILL play on it because it was modded easily and well supported. DICE should wisen up, but it's probably more EA that's the problem. They'd rather say "Screw it" and get their money on the front end. Keep kicking games out the door, etc. Hell, I'm glad we managed to get up to a 1.6 with this game. Usually they release the game, release ONE patch, and call it quits.

As for the elevators they are indeed a problem. They're cool and all, but I just don't think they're well implemented, nor do I think they have a place in the mod. Having to depend on some jackass to get your plane off the ground is not the way to go. Plus, it's WAY too easy to have one guy ruin things for an entire team.

CooL™

Your mommy thinks I'm cute. =D

50 XP

13th March 2004

0 Uploads

224 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago
SchpetzkaAnd to get back on topic, it's a good idea but like said earlier no sdk. Sooo many things that sdk would open up but I think they're not gonna release sdk for Bf1942 so that people go over to BF:V :mad:

Really, really sorry for being n00bish or having a lack of knowledge but I just gotta know.. WTF is SDK??:uhm:

Cochise

click...boom

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

286 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

SchpetzkaI think I was in the same game as you. There were a lot of people shooting the Ju52 as it took off as well so that when the first AA gun hit everyone inside died. It was one of the least enjoyable game I'd had in a while. I just hope the new players either mature or go away.

And to get back on topic, it's a good idea but like said earlier no sdk. Sooo many things that sdk would open up but I think they're not gonna release sdk for Bf1942 so that people go over to BF:V :mad:

Yeah, I was there with you. I hope it's just a thing that's going on because the noobs are so new and everyone will "mature" after a bit, but that game was truly a bummer. I had to leave, I was becoming obnoxious.

SDK = Software Development Kit

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

It's fun dropping bombs down those, kinda like Star Wars episode 4:saber: