[1.SS.Pz]LSSAH

You suck at the Internet.

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

536 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

After getting an idea from a thread in the General section, I was wondering if this were possible; do you think (given that it's possible with the BF engine) that you could make light artillery peices (Zis-3, 3.7cm Pak etc) moveable by infantry? I think being able to have artillery pieces wheeled around by foot soldiers in an urban environment would be an awesome way to add point-blank support for advancing infantry.

Now, I know there would be problems with this; first off, I don't know if it's even possible with the engine. Secondly, it would be ideal if you could have two people needed to push the thing, but that would make for a nightmare w/o good coordination. You could have it moveable by one person, but that would be corny and unrealistic. Finally, I don't know how willing people would be to push a field piece around when they could just hop into a fixed emplacement. Anyways, just want some thoughts from you all on this.

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

They said they would do this some time ago afaik

marquis1

a.k.a. MaRQuiS>[DK]

50 XP

1st February 2004

0 Uploads

139 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I like the idea! It would be great when the team makes an effort to hold the flags and stuff :D!

[1.SS.Pz]LSSAH

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

536 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago
D-fenceThey said they would do this some time ago afaik

Really? That's pretty cool. Did they give any details or just say that it was a possibility?

[1.SS.Pz]LSSAH

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

536 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

*Bump* because I think no one wants to look at my idea... :(

DarthWoo

Addicted to GF

50 XP

20th February 2004

0 Uploads

280 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
'[1.SS.PzLSSAH']*Bump* because I think no one wants to look at my idea... :(

I know the Siege mod had some little cannons that somebody could push around. The walking looked a tiny bit awkward, but it was ok.

MkH^

FH tester

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,286 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Im all for it. Great idea.

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Cant remember details you'll have to search or something

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

I take it it'll work just like the artillery in 0.6, but instead of a truck attached to the cannon you'll have an invisible second position in which you can move the gun around.

TommyGunDaliani

Cesare

50 XP

26th June 2003

0 Uploads

1,717 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

Yea siege mod also had that batterning ram in which multiple people could push it (but only neede one). This is a good idea mainly for urban maps though.