jj8325

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

8th February 2003

0 Uploads

54 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

i realize this has been mentioned b4, but id just like to add some suggestions to sinking ships. they should sink much slower than they do now to give them a kind of eerie effect. and a ship should sink at an angle according to where it was sunk. it would be nice to c pieces breaking off of the ship and some fire and explosons, but this is probably unlikely. and the ship wreckage should stay and not disappear untill another one spawns. this will be very cool if the ship is sunk near shore. i look forward to the ship battles in FH because of all the new ships and improved previous ships. i'd like to see some very good sinking effects in this mod. keep up the great work guys:rock: :rock:

MonkeyBusiness

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Yeah, but kep in mind that accumulating too many polygons into the map may result in heavy performance losses

Master Minder

FHdev

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

680 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

wreck models for ships are not possible without a sdk i suppose

how fast they sink .. ok we can fix it ...

effects also shouldnt be a problem for our 1337 H4XX0R coder Major :D

StukaAce#1

Former [11PzG]

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

511 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

yep i started ta thread like this before, and i think its pretty importamnt for realism, i mean, a ship dissapearing right after it takes full damage??? what's realistic about that?

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Well I think it looks great when the battleship sinks, although it should sink completely, instead of dissapearing when it's almost sunk.

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

I'll take care of that, but there are a few options, I haven't decided which one to use yet... Expect the ships at least to sink completely, perhaps "titaniclike", parhaps another way, I'm not perfectly sure yet.

jj8325

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

8th February 2003

0 Uploads

54 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

well titanic way sounds good but only if it is hit in the front. otherwise that wouldnt make much sense

Templar

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

4th November 2002

0 Uploads

6 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

I know this is about sinking but I had made mention of increasing the View Distance in the past for the Naval Gunners atleast. You guys seem like the ones to talk to. If a single positions doesn't have a relative variable then perhaphs you could increase the view distance to the long view just for Navel themed maps. I would much like to see the cool sinking effects as I sink my enemies at a more "realistic" range. Oh, is there a way to get the gun elevation and rotaion data in the standard gun view. (similar to the alt view the scout gives you) that would rock to tell my fellow ship mates I have ranged the target at "1000 Meters!" then all guns a BLAZIN!