cheesemancrusader

GF best viewed w/ pants off

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

327 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

i think we've all had the situation where your in a tank, go off alone to cap a flag, and some guy runs up, and hides on the sides of your tank. usually an engineer there to expack or mine your ass while you push him with your tank while hes in prone position. this is where my idea comes in... can you make so that the tracks of the tank deal damage so that you squish the bugger and not give him a free ride?

Tsuruchi Brian

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

30th January 2004

0 Uploads

36 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

yeah thats a great ide if it's possible to do. Me personlly I like to jump on top of the turret so if he starts driving away, I ca go along with him. Hopefully his friends will be so entertained so as not to shoot me during this whole thing. And it's imporant to be ready to pull out your gun if the guy gets out of the tank....or get in his tank when he does that.

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Tanks should deal a lot of damage when driving into light vehicles as well, to simulate them being crushed.

Swe_Flying_Frog

The Frogs Will Invade By Air

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Well.. this will make the tank overpowerfull. It would run through the enemy main base with lots of infantry and crush all restistance. But yes i think it should be cool to run over a small, unlucky soldier :) i'am not satying that i'am not for it. I just tell you one of the consuqenses (my english is not so good :))

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

tanks are slow and unmanuverible... Look how hard it is to get out of the way of a jeep. Just sidestep.

This would be a really neat feature to implement though. I'm not sure if it's possible, because i think BF judges vehical damage based on speed.

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago
McGibstanks are slow and unmanuverible... Look how hard it is to get out of the way of a jeep. Just sidestep. This would be a really neat feature to implement though. I'm not sure if it's possible, because i think BF judges vehical damage based on speed.

Barbed wire code perhaps. So if you touch the treads you take damage

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
Barbed wire code perhaps. So if you touch the treads you take damage

That wouldn't be enough. That would only slightly hurt you. We also need to factor in starts of new rounds on say...BotB. TKs would be insane with everyone trying to get in tanks. People would be crushed insanely.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

that and they treads have to only hurt someone from the front, and as the tank is moveing.

It's not like one gets instanly crushed from touching a non-moving tank tread from the side.

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

There is a bug where certain vehicles takes massive amount of damage when driving into a wz36, perhaps that could somehow be used.

Who_Flung_Poo?

No I don't know who did.

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

5,360 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Yes I hate driving a tank and some little prick jumps in fron of you and the most that happens to him is he flenches and takes a little damage. I want that bugger squished, I want his guts on my treads, not laughing at me as I am helpless to rid myself of him.