sgt.monkfish

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

8th August 2004

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#21 15 years ago

The defence of malta would make quite an interesting map to say the least. But like someone stated it would be just like the battle of britian map. Spitfires and hurricanes were used to take out the stukas over Malta. My grandad has told me many a story :p

Myrddraal

Search function? Where?

50 XP

28th April 2004

0 Uploads

669 Posts

0 Threads

#22 15 years ago

Make it a combined aerial and naval battle focused around the island. Have several British ships (3 destroyers and a carrier). Two German U boats and a German destroyer. Have only the island as land (similar to Midway). Put two or three flags in the water to control. Place the German plane reloading area out in the water so they just have to fly low over an area to rearm (simulates the planes flying back to rearm without the German planes being vulnerable to being stolen, vulnerable to attack (which they weren't), prevents bailers from camping, and they can start in the air for a more constant aerial presence). Give the flags to the British so the axis starts with a rapid ticket bleed. Also start the British with more tickets then the axis. When the axis captures two of the three flags the ticket bleed stops if they capture all three then the Brits bleed. Then give the axis objective targets, a dock, the airfield, the British carrier, and possibly some other buildings the catch is that each objective destroyed gives the British a large ticket penalty (based on the value of the objective). Also the British carrier doesn't respawn. Also I think that when the airfield is destroyed the planes should stop spawning, I do think that the airfield should "re-spawn" after awhile and then the planes would come back (this part may not be possible, but then again many things that were thought to be impossible have been proven otherwise by th FH team).

Anyway that is just a little idea I had. I think the map could playout many different ways. It gives the attackers and defenders many different ways to win and I feel that it would quite accurately depict a seige type situation.

terminal-strike

terminal-strike

50 XP

6th May 2004

0 Uploads

2,313 Posts

0 Threads

#23 15 years ago

Myrddaal what does your sig say (yes, tad to 1337 for me) --> 2|_| 1337? ][|-|4\/3|/\|4¥@^^|_|©|-|7][^^3¤|\|^^¥|-|4|\|Ð54|\|Ð4¶¶4|23|\|71¥5¤Ð¤¥¤|_| I think malta could like your suggesting, i mean it wouldn't be a coral sea or BoB. I guess it would be most like a MIdway with no CQB. I think that making it just like midway, is not so unreasonable though (i,e germans can capture). Bf is recreation i,e the german can in win battle of the bulge and lose market garden. So just becasue the brits won malta, doesn't mean that it has to be off limits in a bf map. If malata can be defended then, ok thats what happened, but if they had failed the axis would have taken back over it. -- and its reasonable to recreate this in map since all maps are recreations (that can have alternate endings) Plus if we can get some ground combat on malta, this totally sweet cammo job for the matilda could be used: (used only on that island) http://www.missing-lynx.com/art_gallery/art_britain/matilda_sarson.htm