jwhit

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

8th May 2003

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

hello new here but I thought of something. Do you think you could make something like a battle of britain map. It would be cool to be in a spitfire and see about 12 he111s and ju88s coming at you. Maybe the goal could be to bomb and take over England. Anyway just curious I hope that you guys will put alot of bombers on maybe a few special maps. Maybe you can do a map sort of like the 1943 bombing runs with a lot of b17s. Just a thought and I think it would be a cool sight on the ground. Awsome mod.

Lord Nova

Hamster of War

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Correct me if im wrong but the BF1942 engine is about land, sea, and air vehicles fighting it out together. Now the battle of britian not only lasted years but also it involves no ground combat what so ever. So what we are gonna see is just alot of planes in the air, lagging up the game with no flags to capture and both sides camping the other's airfield to make sure they get no pilots up.

If you wanted this exerpeice, then there are plenty of games out there that are soley dedictated to that battle and can handle air combat alot more complex and more involving then BF1942 (and more fun as well).

Free

Night Life Minister

50 XP

7th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,208 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Lord Nova is right, and i f you want the Battle of Britain, oyu should look for Battle of Britain Mod, or if you want lot of planes ACE Mod.

jwhit

50 XP

8th May 2003

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

sorry didn't mean to post in these forums I have put this in general discussion. Could one of the mods close this post?

Lobo

All your base are belong to FH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

We will have a Battle of Britain map for sure

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

We try to have as much interesting scenarios as possible, but you have to keep in mind that mapping is one of the most timetaking part of this. We already have the models, they just have to get ingame, but for BoB we have to make a completely new map from the start. We will make one, but it is possible that it is not included in the first release, since you don't want to wait forever for this mod.

jwhit

50 XP

8th May 2003

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Of course, It is not something that is needed immediately. Oh and btw any possibility of you modeling the lancaster? There is a special little bomb that I am requesting:D