Gilson

WHYTHEHELLWONTFHWORKFORME !!!!

50 XP

2nd March 2004

0 Uploads

100 Posts

0 Threads

#12 16 years ago

That wouldnt work. They would be flying in circles for ages.

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#13 16 years ago
axkgkadragon

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

15th November 2003

0 Uploads

798 Posts

0 Threads

#14 16 years ago

well....in EoD have you ever tried to fly on eclipse, night flying isnt the best idea in this engine at all...

Uncle_Sam

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#15 16 years ago
well....in EoD have you ever tried to fly on eclipse, night flying isnt the best idea in this engine at all...

yea, without a bank indicator.

Soujiro

The Feared Engineer

50 XP

30th March 2003

0 Uploads

211 Posts

0 Threads

#16 16 years ago

The night time that EoD uses are not 'true night'. Flying a helicopter on Eclipse isn't that hard, just stay clear of the tree and navagate by the map. If you have serious problems, have some M60s lodge himself into the huey and light some fire. This will 'light up' the map. However, most players choose to brighten up the screen instead and change the gamma setting. Then you would have a map that is bright as day with long distance range.

An example of a 'true night' setting and flying would be one of DC's newest maps with the AC-130.

Normandy would be a great idea, I would much rather have static C-47 going back and forward off the map rather than a spawning C-47 on Britain or a static one circling around.

In my opinion, this will allow the 'realism' and focus more inland.

Sky_Hunter

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

4th March 2004

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#17 16 years ago

Why need the plane at all? on other maps its possible to start parachuting in, why not make the allied main camp uncapturable and have the allies drop in when they spawn?

Mazz

BFE-WAW

50 XP

15th November 2003

0 Uploads

1,245 Posts

0 Threads

#18 16 years ago

they have to have more then one allied para spawn because i know the Axis will jsut camp the area with MG42s if theres just one.

like 3 or 4

Uncle_Sam

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#19 16 years ago
they have to have more then one allied para spawn because i know the Axis will jsut camp the area with MG42s if theres just one.

:clap: Yes Mazz, glad someone else noticed that. I think it need to be like Crete, Pilot-flown C47's. None of this circle flying C47 stuff, nor paraspawn. Both of those destroy a key element of the real-life conflict and what you need in this map...SURPRISE. A paraspawn is just asking to get shot up before even getting near the ground. A circling C47 will do what I just said, spoil surprise. So give the allied base 2 C47's and lets roll out! :thumbsup:

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#20 16 years ago

Maybe you haven't noticed yet, but the BF1942 engine doesn't support real time lighting, or any kind of lighting in fact. So night maps are just a bad idea.