Drool Rockworm

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

12th March 2004

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Hello, Great mod! However, I'd like to start a discussion on couple of things: Spawns: 1945 - Berlin Outskirts is a great map, but it is rather irritating on a Russian side, because the spawns are so far from the action. If you play as a tanker, everything is just fine. But if you play as an infantryman, you run 2 minutes and get a bullet in the head. That's not fun, eventhough it might be realistic. SUGGESTION: Add infantry spawns nearer to action or add more fast infantry carriers. This also makes also life more interesting on a german side. Generally, this suggestion applies also on most maps. 1944 - Gold Beach is a great example of good positioning of spawn points. You can get to the action immediatelly. Gameplay issues should be more important as they are now. Tanks: There are simply too much tanks. IMHO, maps should be either infantry maps or armour maps. If you try to have both, it's not going to work. There will never be a combined arms feeling. SUGGESTION: Reduce amount of tanks in maps or make their spawn times longer. On clearly armour maps (something like Kursk or something) it's ok to have loads of armour around. Planes: They are great, but some tweaks should be done because of BF1942 engine. The visibility is generally so low, that you don't simply have time to take aim on a ground target when you crash on it. That's it, ideas?

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Spawns are fine, as running should take a decent amount of time. If you don't want to run take an APC or hop on a tank. Infatry and tank maps are supposed to mix, and that's one of the best things of BF

wolverineb

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

13th March 2004

0 Uploads

6 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

The problem that I have with map spawn points is the loan soldier captures a flag miles behind the front, and suddenly the hole opposition army appears behind you. What I would like see is that if only one soldier is at a flag, it takes like 2 minutes to capture, but for every additional soldier there it halves the time so with like five troops it only takes 20 seconds. This would give the defenders time to head to the capture point and secure it.

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

I agree with wolverineb. It's such a lame gameplay experience.. I hate it when that happens. But you can always use the remote spawnpoint trick on your map, if you can get it to work. Btw, if you didn't know already, BF:Vietnam has your suggestion incorporated; the more soldiers there are at the spawn, the faster you can capture the flag.

I know the Outskirts has gone a little unbalanced, but originally I didn't include the KingTiger and the PAK40. They added both of them, also, one Katyusha has been replaced by a Light tank, but then again the Russians received two IS2 tanks. The map is well balanced though. Just take the officer kit and spot some targets. Let the artillery do it's work. Once you've taken out the 88's you can advance.

Remember to drive forward to the flags.. don't stand on the hill searching for infantry in the trenches, or else the 88's will respawn and their revenge is sweet. Advance, split up in two groups, attack the left and right spawn, surely one can be captured. If that happens, then the front flags will be captured quickly afterwards. The best thing I like is the "revenge" part. In the start of the map the Russians get their asses seriously whooped. But once they've conquered all the spawns.. I just love killing the Advancing Germans with their own Wespes..

but always be on the watch for that KingTiger, it respawns faster than you think!

Wehrmacht Rulz

I post to get attention

50 XP

9th July 2003

0 Uploads

66 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago
wolverinebThe problem that I have with map spawn points is the loan soldier captures a flag miles behind the front, and suddenly the hole opposition army appears behind you. What I would like see is that if only one soldier is at a flag, it takes like 2 minutes to capture, but for every additional soldier there it halves the time so with like five troops it only takes 20 seconds. This would give the defenders time to head to the capture point and secure it.

I agree with you, like it is in BF Vietnam.

Another anooying this is when ur at 2sec to capture a flag and sudently 10 enemy spawn nowhere right in ur face and kill u...

Sgt. DinkyDuck

Addicted to GF

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

267 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

there were usualy battallions of infantry stationed with amrored divisions. so to have both infantry and tanks as support is a factual thing

keep it the way it is.

C38368

...burning angel wings to dust

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,013 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
wolverinebThe problem that I have with map spawn points is the loan soldier captures a flag miles behind the front, and suddenly the hole opposition army appears behind you. What I would like see is that if only one soldier is at a flag, it takes like 2 minutes to capture, but for every additional soldier there it halves the time so with like five troops it only takes 20 seconds. This would give the defenders time to head to the capture point and secure it.

DoD has a system similar to this on some maps, but rather than altering the time it took to capture based on number of players present, it simply required that X number of players were there, period (the center flag on Cherbourg is/was this way, as were a few others). Just another possiblity...