Super62

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Im not gonna give you the whole history of them but they fought on Midway, Gudalcanal, New Georgia, and Bouganville. They were the USMC equivalent to the Commandos and Rangers (special ops). http://www.usmarineraiders.org/ is a excelent website detailing the Raiders combat ops and its history. w2_bougainville_usmc_k9.jpgRaiders01.jpg

AntonioBora

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Marine raiders also raided Makin in 42. Although a success, it made Japan deploy a lot more troops in the central pacific, so in a way, may have ended up costing a lot of American lives as Americans finally advanced to tarawa, etc..

RandomChurch

Reaching out and touching you

50 XP

23rd September 2003

0 Uploads

145 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Not really sure how much can be done to add them. Id love to see added Marine stuff, but it's not like putting this specific unit in is gonna do anything, specific. Unless they had a neat little pickup kit that had their patch on the arm or something. But hell, there were a lot of mixed unit types fighting in the Marines during the Pacific. Lets add the Alamo Scouts too dammit!

Super62

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago
RandomChurchNot really sure how much can be done to add them. Id love to see added Marine stuff, but it's not like putting this specific unit in is gonna do anything, specific. Unless they had a neat little pickup kit that had their patch on the arm or something. But hell, there were a lot of mixed unit types fighting in the Marines during the Pacific. Lets add the Alamo Scouts too dammit!

Maps

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Would they have different weapon loadouts or are we just talking reskins and new maps?