Matt174e

Merciless Beta Tester

50 XP

11th April 2003

0 Uploads

216 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

It would be amazing if you could have a crapload of fake bodies fall from the sky at the beggining of the map... or even throughout the round :eek:

->By fake bodies I mean bodies that are just like your own player's when he dies while paratrooping

Matt174e

Merciless Beta Tester

50 XP

11th April 2003

0 Uploads

216 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Oh and if it doesn't cause too much FPS problems, but it's only at the beggining at the map so keep adding fake troopers until it's perfect... if you can pull it off *crossing fingers*

2ltben

Shpadoinkle

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

261 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Once we get the MDK(what EA's calling an SDK) the team could add C47s that circle the map and drop in reinforcements once they get over the spawnpoint, or just have NPC C47s/Bristol Bombers circle the map and let the players jump wherever they want(put them on a path NOT near the Axis spawn). That way the Axis could shoot them down, and when they respawn they just fly back in from offmap and 5 seconds later they start to deliver paratroopers again.

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

Circling stuff can already be done.

Only problem was I ran into some problems playing around with spawnpoints on editing DICE maps, ran into some connectivity problems.

Dont' worry we tried ;) If I get more time I'll try and work out the details of that map, but I think you guys'll like the new custom maps we got int eh works better anyways :)

2ltben

Shpadoinkle

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

261 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

Orne River Bridge(for the love of god don't call it Pegasus)

Black Dragon

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

23 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago
2ltbenOnce we get the MDK(what EA's calling an SDK) the team could add C47s that circle the map and drop in reinforcements once they get over the spawnpoint, or just have NPC C47s/Bristol Bombers circle the map and let the players jump wherever they want(put them on a path NOT near the Axis spawn). That way the Axis could shoot them down, and when they respawn they just fly back in from offmap and 5 seconds later they start to deliver paratroopers again.

Thats an awsome idea I couldn't have put it better myself (been tryin to), hope they do it, also if they were to make a Normandy airborne map they could use the same method and make one hell of a map :nodding:

VoodooChile

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

45 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

whoa that would be awesome. if you do the first idea of just paratroopers at the one allied spawnpoint, do it only when they dont have the spawn or else it would look weird. hope you can pull it off

2ltben

Shpadoinkle

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

261 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

Think of having Orne, starting out in a glider, getting cut, and gliding down, once the gliders land you spawn there until you capture the MG emplacement, bridge, etc.

DHC|Bazza

FH Skinner

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

171 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

It is called Pegasus bridge, the French Authorities re named it.

2ltben

Shpadoinkle

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

261 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

AFTER D-Day, they named it after the 6th Airborne's divisional patch, so it was called the Orne River Bridge when they attacked.