Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#11 17 years ago

Yes, I agree there should be some more gear on the soldier models. What is there currently on it? A belt, Y-straps and some generic ammo pouches? I would like to see the Belt, Y-straps, breadbag, canteen, pistol holster, bayonet frog, gas mask container the correct ammo pouches depending on which gun you have (if thats possible to alter every model to a certain gun, I dont see why not since the scouts get helmets with sticks and what not on them). Basically the set-up my attachtments have. Of course if it's possible.

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#12 17 years ago

As long as it's done in the form of textures (like the current belt and Y-straps), then it's fine. But think about the feasability of adding a round canister made of polygons to a player model

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#13 17 years ago

Well, dropping the Gas-Mask container would be the 1st thing I would let go. Simply because they were left at the camp or they fell off in battle. And who wants a big metal cylinder swinging all over them, right? I would still like to see the rest of the stuff.

Leitung Panzer

BFE-WaW Tanker

50 XP

13th November 2003

0 Uploads

75 Posts

0 Threads

#14 17 years ago

Holy bejebus people, does it really matter that much if the models have a few more straps here and there. Gawd..

Wait for FH on Battlefield Vietnam to ask for that crap. :D

Preussenstolz

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

14th January 2004

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#15 17 years ago

A Call of Duty Soldier: gepnck.jpg

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#16 17 years ago

as ive said before, BF playermodels are fukin NEAKID and i hate them.

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#17 17 years ago

mcgibs is right, more junk on the back of the player model is not very taxing on performance. the LOD's can easily be adjusted so at about 30 feet they arent even shown anymore, and those cylinders can be low poly easily.

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#18 17 years ago
PreussenstolzA Call of Duty Soldier: gepnck.jpg

Firstly, CoD uses a different engine. Secondly, CoD is not clutered with vehicles, so more polys can be spent on models Thirdly, CoD does not render projectiles (besides panzerfaust, maybe), but BF does, so again, CoD is more "free" to add polys Lastly, does CoD support upto 64 players on a server? (That's really a question, but i think it doesn't) It's not a matter of whether the canister is going to be 30 polys or 3000 polys. It's a matter of feasability and necesity. Do you need to spend the extra performance and time and resources to make something that will be visible only in close quarters and most of the times people won't even notice it? Look at DC. First they added thier stuff, then they coded, recoded, re-recoded, optimized, re-optimized, re-reoptimized, re-coded again, and only once that was finished, they went to reskin and remodel thier sniper rifle 25 times (and i still don't see any difference). It a matter of priority. DC has been in the works for about a year now, and only now they are planning to add custom advanced models (medic). And you want the buggy unoptimized FH to add more polys to the models, before they even remove the invisible bullet casing from the tank's coax gun (BTW McGibs, has this bug been fixed?) P.S. for the record, i hate DC as a game, but it's a benchmark for all mods out there

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#19 17 years ago

I was under the impression that the German soldiers did not dump the gas mask container because it was waterproof and if they didnt keep the gasmask in it they put stuff in it they wanted to keep dry?

Preussenstolz

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

14th January 2004

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#20 17 years ago
'[SYN hydraSlav']Firstly, CoD uses a different engine. Secondly, CoD is not clutered with vehicles, so more polys can be spent on models [...]

m not familiar with editing at all, but I still think you're overexaggerating a little. The DC Panzerfaust soldier is visibly carrying his weapons on his back, too. So I highly doubt that package is really THAT heavy on the games performance. Besides, the FH Fallschirmjäger model already did get a nice little piece of marching package aswell. http://forgottenhope.bf1942files.com/news/dec/12.19.03/German_Para_Large.jpg