Shotguns R' Us

I'm crazy about Shotguns!

50 XP

5th February 2004

0 Uploads

9 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

FH should make a map depicting the Battle of the Mashinou Line, It was the French front made of a chain of bunkers that was supposed to keep the Germans from crossing this one bridge and river (Not sure the name). Unfortanetly for them, Hitler was smarter than they thought. He sent in the luftwaffe and then in came the Fallschirmjagers and then the Wehrmacht. So anyway, the Mashinou line consisted of heavy caliber turets that can swivel 360 degrees and also disappear underground and other smaller caliber gun inplacements. And of course you had your machine guns, barbed wire, hedgehogs, and fun stuff like that. By the way, all this equipment is mostly concealed by the system bunkers, and only their barrels stick out. With the exception of a couple AT guns and machineguns out in broad daylight. So, it should be French on one side and the Germans on the other, with the Mashinou line in the middle (Spawn point differs on which said controls it. Make French control it first). To make it more interesting you should add Tanks, Jeeps, Howitzers, planes, and the whole sha bang! Consider it! Shotguns 'R Us :deal: :beer:

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

I thought it was called the Maginot line...

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Yeah, and Hitler went around it through the ardennes, not by sending in paratroopers. Besides, I believe they are working on a map like this.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

didnt they drop paratropers in holland or Belgium ? wasnt there some big bunker there.. and this have been sugested many times before ..

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

i coulda , i thought they did send paras in, to my information (history channel lol) aw nvm edit: here you go

The German plan functions to perfection and May 13, 40, "panzers" penetrate in France by the Ardennes massif and jostle the French troops. German tanks make then a turning movement to the North Sea direction and charge at Boulogne and Calais. This encircling puts out of fight the elite of French forces and all the British expeditionary corps (l) that were advanced themselves carelessly in Belgium. After the liquidation of Dunkerque's bag, the German army rushes southbound of France, piercing one by one all defense lines. So the French high command decides the evacuation of the Maginot line. Intervals troops must unhook June 15 followed the day after by forts crews. The first withdrawal takes place as foreseen June 15... mag-11.jpg June 15, benefitting the situation, the German infantry does a breakthrough by doing a piercing in Saarland area doing its junction with troops which have penetrated in the French territory by Sedan one month before. The German troops occupy rears of the line, cutting all itinerary of retirement. Crews find surrounded. Alone, only delivered to themselves, they get ready to fight, ready for a honor baroud. Works are attacked by their rears. Bombarded by the German heavy artillery, some small works only endowed by light weapons and no covered by big artillery works capitulate as the Welschhof and the Haut-Poirier on June 21 and 24. The small work of la Ferte is also occupied after the accidental death by asphyxia of all its crew. But no work of the CORF fronts capitulates. The unbeaten crew majority will only surrender to the armistice June 25, others will even fight beyond. Then works, some sabotaged, other intacts are delivered to the German army and their crews leave them to go to captivity in Germany (2).

the pic came with it :( http://www.ifrance.com/letunnel/Maginot/history.html (link)

Jagd

{TDB}MajGen.Jagd AA

50 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

720 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Professional translators = goooood. That article = painful to read....

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

I think the FH Devs have been planning such a map for a long time already: Frontline-1940.jpg This picture can be found on the FH main site and is supposed to be France vs. Germany. Looks a bit like WW1 with al those trenches (YEAH)...

StrangerThanFiction

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,110 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

@Shotguns R' Us: Perhaps you were thinking of something like the assault on the fortress of Eben Emael in Belgium. It was captured by a glider-borne troops that were equipped withs specially designed shaped charges for destroying the defensive works. That would be an extremely cool map. but we would need Belgian player models and equipment. It would be a very cool map. See: http://www.fort-eben-emael.be/

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago
StrangerThanFiction@Shotguns R' Us: Perhaps you were thinking of something like the assault on the fortress of Eben Emael in Belgium. It was captured by a glider-borne troops that were equipped withs specially designed shaped charges for destroying the defensive works. That would be an extremely cool map. but we would need Belgian player models and equipment. It would be a very cool map. See: http://www.fort-eben-emael.be/

yea thats what i was talking about ..

RandomChurch

Reaching out and touching you

50 XP

23rd September 2003

0 Uploads

145 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

There was a decent amount of combat around the Maginot line, though. Initially French troops attacked into Germany in order to take some pressure off the Polish, but they wouldn't advance beyond the big guns in the Maginot line, so they really didn't do anything significant. I'm not entirely sure why they didn't, either. They were penetrating well, and could've pushed deep into Nazi Germany.