Kumihanska-Franz

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Great mod! But this mod supposed to be realistic! It's almost impossible to beat MG34 or -42 guy who is running towards you and shooting at the same time with any class. You will die like in 1 sec. This happens every time you meet enemy carrying one of those weapons in close combat. What I mean is that MG34 and 42 are too accurate while standing/running. Those are also damn powerful at longer range too. Enemy just goes prone, shoots and you are dead. Rifleman needs lots of luck to beat those weapons. I know that MG guys don't have grenades but they are still always at the top of the score list in infantry maps like Karelia. That's why almost everyone is carrying machinegun in Karelia.

Stormk2k

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

i kinda agree with you, if you are a rifle man you can take an MG person charging u in mili sec. i think the mg 42 should have like a 1/2 start up time. like u press and hold down fire and it starts to shoot 1/2 sec after you press fire. i dont no just an idea :frog:

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

This is the biggest nonsense I have ever heard.

The MG is no Gatling gun which needs time to get the spin.

It fires like any rifle instantly by squeezing the trigger.

Further the MG34 was the most accurate Machine Gun during WWII and the MG42 was almost as accurate but way faster (MG34 = 900 RPM, MG 42 = 1200 RPM).

I say to make it more realistic the MG gunner should not be able to fire on the move. They should stand still.

But the MGs should keep their accuracy and damage. But while standing or crouching they should immidiately lose accuracy because of the recoil. While prone and with bipod the MGs should be the deadly and not losing accuracy at all.

Plata

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

:agreed

Peo

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

177 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Don't charge a MG. It was done in ww1 and i think most of us know what happend.

2ltben

Shpadoinkle

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

261 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Yeah, they revised the idea and introduced the Submachinegun, and then later the Light Machinegun and Assault Rifle :D I still want an option to choose between the MG42 and 34, because I HATE the MG42, it's too big, bulky, and overheats. Gimme a 34 any day. This isn't BFV either, you have to deploy your MG to do any good, and Karelia isn't WWI, it's a trench battle in Finland. Rifles, trenchsweepers(SMGs, that's their best job for the map, just jump into the trench and open fire), and MGs make the map.

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago
2ltbenYeah, they revised the idea and introduced the Submachinegun, and then later the Light Machinegun and Assault Rifle :D I still want an option to choose between the MG42 and 34, because I HATE the MG42, it's too big, bulky, and overheats. Gimme a 34 any day. This isn't BFV either, you have to deploy your MG to do any good, and Karelia isn't WWI, it's a trench battle in Finland. Rifles, trenchsweepers(SMGs, that's their best job for the map, just jump into the trench and open fire), and MGs make the map.

Judge rienhold can attest to my effectiveness doing that. i advance laying down cover fire on the MG positions i pin them down i jump inside and i killed 4 guys in the trench and i knife the other one.

2ltben

Shpadoinkle

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

261 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

I tend to use actual trench raiding tactics used uring WWI, while my comrades advance, I go and advance and at the halfway mark I prone and crawl up to where there trench is. I throw in grenades(the cramped quarters really send ALOT of people flying), if I have a riflegrenade I shoot it off, but more than likely I have an SMG. I jump down into the side of the trench, come up to the firestep, RATATATATATATA! Everyone there's dead. If onlyI had an MP18 to do it with :D

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago
2ltbenYeah, they revised the idea and introduced the Submachinegun, and then later the Light Machinegun and Assault Rifle :D I still want an option to choose between the MG42 and 34, because I HATE the MG42, it's too big, bulky, and overheats. Gimme a 34 any day. This isn't BFV either, you have to deploy your MG to do any good, and Karelia isn't WWI, it's a trench battle in Finland. Rifles, trenchsweepers(SMGs, that's their best job for the map, just jump into the trench and open fire), and MGs make the map.

Nonsense! All MGs overheat, even the M1919 .30 cal and so does the MG34.

The MG42 there even has an advantage over all MGs. coz it´s barrel can be changed very fast compared to the others.

Furher you can shoot out more than 500 rounds with the MG42 and then the barrels starts to turn red. It´s not like in DoD, where 40 ropunds make it over heat.

The MG42 was the best MG during WWII nad cheaper to produce than the MG34.

That´s why the Wehrmacht used it.

TommyGunDaliani

Cesare

50 XP

26th June 2003

0 Uploads

1,717 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

mg 42 needs a barrel change after 2000 to 3000 rounds not 500 haha and it has more muzzle velocity then a k98 or no4 or any rifle of ww2 for that reason it was the best small arm of the war