zero_zero

I'm sonic the spacehog

50 XP

17th November 2003

0 Uploads

363 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Can the mine indicator be removed? And can they stay longer? I think that will increase the realisticniss of mines to a great extend.

mrme

GF makes me horny

50 XP

24th May 2003

0 Uploads

67 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Thats one hell of a typo.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I think the mine indicator should stay, only friendly can see it anyways.

ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,134 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

good idea for a realism mod, or maybe they shouldnt even show up above ground, there should even be a minesweeper class instead that can mark where there are mines (friendly or enemy) by putting down signs or something

MkH^

FH tester

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,286 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Why should it be removed? It only shows mines lain by a teammate.. It's not very realistic, but I guess in real life the soldiers were informed about the minefields in some way at least.

I'd like to see the mines stay longer, tho. The team should also look how Silent Heroes mod has implemented the mines.. Instead of putting them on the ground they are buried in it, showing only the detonator (or whatever the part that explodes the mine is called).

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Theres a good reason they added the mine indicator. To stop dumb idiots on your team from smashing into them. Or at least thats the idea.

And they are only visible to your team.

And mines should be hidden underground like SH's oh so wonderful landmines.

[3Rb]RudeRogo

Polska Walczaca

50 XP

11th August 2003

0 Uploads

219 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

yes, the mines should be hidden underground. but if this is truly a realism mod...the indicator should be gone. it is little things like that, that add realism to something like this.

the Darkness VIP Member

Advanced Member

50 XP

20th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,333 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

moving to suggestion forum

lumpeh

FH Groupie

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,174 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago
McGibsTheres a good reason they added the mine indicator. To stop dumb idiots on your team from smashing into them. Or at least thats the idea.

Seldom does it work though! :lol: i've been kicked a few times because of this despite all the warnings i give. The chat lag don't help much i suspect. It would be sweet if you could plant say double the number. I oh so love that mine truck on El-Aleimen, i had a dream about FH and remember being able to plant 24 mines - i didn't realise there was a mine truck ingame and thats probably where i got the number from.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

I think the mine indicator should stay but as mentioned not because it stops a teammate from driving through them. Its annoying to try and mine a bridge like in Bulge only to have a teammate drive over them and blow up so you get blamed.

Better would be the idea put forth of buried mines. I also want engies to be able to blow bridges. and Engies to lay a new one or use that magic wrench to repair them.