Master and Commander

50 XP

25th October 2003

0 Uploads

580 Posts

0 Threads

#11 17 years ago

hum, this is long term

get the current armies all done and all bugs cleared up, by that time we will be about version 1.0, then if there is still a lot of enthusiasm (which there damn well should be) they can start adding new nations, I dunno a whole new nation every 2 patches or something, that would be maby 5 vehicles and tops 10 weapons? thats still a lot of work though.

let em get what they have already done and dusted then we can start thinking bout stuff like this.

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#12 17 years ago

I would do Slovakians or Romanians if I knew anything about modelling, skinning and mapping:p

StrangerThanFiction

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,110 Posts

0 Threads

#13 17 years ago
Swe_Flying_FrogNever heard of any Indian or jugoslavian army who fougth a battle in WWII

The Germans invaded Yugoslavia in the spring before the invasion of Russia. Yugoslavia's regular army was beaten pretty quickly, but thereafter, Yogoslavia was the scene of what may be the most intense partisan warfare in WWII (the partisans even had some tanks). Many Indian units fought as part of the British forces in North Africa, Burma, Malaya and Singapore among other places.

Phillmurray

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

42 Posts

0 Threads

#14 17 years ago

Yeah thats what I'm saying, they wouldnt need to make a lot of new models because most of those nations wore the A1 british steel helmet, so you'd only need to make new skins

Meadow

You might very well think that

50 XP

21st February 2004

0 Uploads

3,000 Posts

0 Threads

#15 17 years ago

I hope the French are well modelled. If you want some good 3D renders of French uniforms, check out http://www.wwiionline.com it's a Battle of France MMORPG. Just download the game, you needn't get an account for offline mode.

The Poles will be wicked.

I'd like to see Australian soldiers modelled for the Pacific Theatre, just simple modification to the British skin, new accents (just record 'Neighbours' and cut 'n' splice), and that wierd variation of the Sten they used (called the Owen SMG, I believe).

Same goes for New Zealanders.

I think to represent Yugoslavia, some kind of objective mode similar to Secret Weapons' would be pretty cool for the Partisan missions, eg destroying fuel dumps etc.

I'd like to see some kind of amalgamation with the Finnwars mod to incorporate the Finnish side of things. Perhaps you could model some Norwegian Ski-Troops for some great snow-based battles in Norway?

Oh, and the Danish Army would rock. 3 hours of 'combat', 15 army casualties (most due to friendly fire). I'm Danish so I'm allowed to laugh at my country, don't let me catch anyone else doing that :deal:

RandomChurch

Reaching out and touching you

50 XP

23rd September 2003

0 Uploads

145 Posts

0 Threads

#16 17 years ago

Well one easy way to add 'different' countries would be to change the patch on some of the already created units arms. I mean, the Croats had a large amount of troops fighting for the Germans. And one unit in particular fought quite a bit in Stalingrad. All you'd really have to do is put the Croatian arm patch if you wanted to do that. They used the same equipment. All that leaves is the voice commands, which is probably one of the hardest things to get heh.

AntonioBora

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#17 17 years ago

I really feel that they just need to add an axis nation to the mix. I know Italy will come down the line, eventually. They have that psuedo FinlandvsSoviet map of the Karelian Isthmus, but I think the developer who was pushing finland left. I would say after the princible 3 Axis powers Finland was next in importance. Although they were never "officially" allied with Germany they were considered Germany's most favored allied nation (mainly cause of their collaboration in WWI, etc). Plenty of finnish players play FH, though I am not from Finland. I can't tell how different uniforms for Finland was during the Countinuation War, but maybe minor changes could be made to german skins. Oh well, probably with Finnwars the developers of FH have other priorities. It will be good to see France and Poland, both countries who fought very bravely. (Especially the Polish air force). I also can't wait to drive a Char-Bis and blow apart any German tank that dares come my way. All that, is much down the line.

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#18 17 years ago

WWI eh? Finland didn't exist then. Karelia is from the continuation war.

AntonioBora

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#19 17 years ago

Um, yes Karelia is from the continuation war, what part of my post made it seem otherwise? Anyway, the people of Finland fought for their independence during WWI-Russian Revolution from Russia and many Finns joined the Germans in WWI (The Finnish Volunteer Light Infantry Battalion) and Germans also helped Finland gain its independence and maintain a democracy in their Civil War (German auxiliary forces). Finland declared its independence on December 6th, 1917 so, wwi was still going on.

Vandoos

MapenGruven!

50 XP

21st February 2004

0 Uploads

6 Posts

0 Threads

#20 17 years ago

ALL RIGHT THEN LET"S GET TO WORK!!!

I 'll try making a good "Dieppe Map"... !

"Don't ask what this Mod can do for you, but what YOU can do for this Mod!" Bf.K. :

:micro:

Je Me Souviens Vandoos