Mast3rofPuppets Advanced Member

08'aIgnorance is not an excuse

50 XP

28th November 2003

0 Uploads

8,198 Posts

0 Threads

#21 17 years ago

Can anyone tell me whats the difference is between partisan and gorilla(sp?) warfare?

Soldat Jakob

Sehr lustig.....

50 XP

16th February 2004

0 Uploads

143 Posts

0 Threads

#22 17 years ago

Romanian and Hungarian troops are a definate. Maybe they can go beyond WW2 on one map and have the revolt of Bucharest*thinks thats Romanian* or whatever the hungarian capital is.

StrangerThanFiction

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,110 Posts

0 Threads

#23 17 years ago
Mast3rofPuppetsCan anyone tell me whats the difference is between partisan and guerilla warfare?

Guerilla (Spanish for little war) describes a strategy where weak, irregular combatants fight a stronger enemy using hit and run tactics. A partisan literally means the a member of a faction. In the WWII context, they often were the same people, but not always. For some historical reason many of the resistance groups of eastern Europe were referred to as partisans. Their equivalents in France were known as the Maquis, so partisan is not a generic term for all anti-Nazi guerillas. At the end of the war the partisans of Yugoslavia were so numerous and well armed that they were virtually a conventional army, and therefore no longer guerillas. Does that help?

javierlopez

tester

50 XP

13th May 2003

0 Uploads

516 Posts

0 Threads

#24 17 years ago

guerrilla ;)

exdeath

GF makes me horny

50 XP

29th January 2004

0 Uploads

93 Posts

0 Threads

#25 17 years ago

If you are planing to add more nations, please don't make poor quality nations just for put many nations on the mod!!

Mast3rofPuppets Advanced Member

08'aIgnorance is not an excuse

50 XP

28th November 2003

0 Uploads

8,198 Posts

0 Threads

#26 17 years ago
StrangerThanFictionGuerilla (Spanish for little war) describes a strategy where weak, irregular combatants fight a stronger enemy using hit and run tactics. A partisan literally means the a member of a faction. In the WWII context, they often were the same people, but not always. For some historical reason many of the resistance groups of eastern Europe were referred to as partisans. Their equivalents in France were known as the Maquis, so partisan is not a generic term for all anti-Nazi guerillas. At the end of the war the partisans of Yugoslavia were so numerous and well armed that they were virtually a conventional army, and therefore no longer guerillas. Does that help?

Helps alot :thumbsup: thx

el bandito

Captain of jelly

50 XP

28th October 2003

0 Uploads

377 Posts

0 Threads

#27 17 years ago

While it'd be great to see some New Zealanders in the game, ultimately it's probably not worthwhile. Our flag is almost exactly the same as the Australians (except a single star), we used British equipment in WWII, and generally fought alongside the Brits. My only suggestion would be for the mod to go back to WWI and do a 'Gallipoli' battle :D

Use Australians... they have /very/ silly accents :D

AussieZaitsev

Revenge was here.

50 XP

14th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,970 Posts

0 Threads

#28 17 years ago

hrmph *usual battery of anti kiwi insults* back to trolling :P

obliviousnation

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,424 Posts

0 Threads

#29 17 years ago

Right now the main countries to be added after 0.6 will be the french and italian of course they should be easy enough since voices and player models are already made.Some weapons will have to also be moddeled.Then the commenwealth nations can come such as the canadians which are basically ready to be added and the australians.I don't think new zealand should be added since after all they sound just like the australians and used brits equipment just like austraila.Maybe another skin like finland.Finland should probably be added also in future releases once all bugs,maps etc have been done.Right now the nations i expect in 0.7 have got to be

Britian,America,Germany,Russia,Japan,Poland,France,Italy and Canada :cheers:

StrangerThanFiction

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,110 Posts

0 Threads

#30 17 years ago
Al CaponeRight now the main countries to be added after 0.6 will be the french and italian of course they should be easy enough since voices and player models are already made.Some weapons will have to also be moddeled. [/QUOTE]I'm not sure if you mean this by "already made" but the French and Italian player models, weapons and voices from Road to Rome can't be used, unless the Devs decide to make owning RtR a requirement to play FH, something they have indicated they do not intend to do. Also the French player models and equipment would have to be redone for the early war maps in any case, since the RtR French are late-war Free French forces. So everything for those two armies has to be done completely from scratch. [QUOTE=Mast3rofPuppets]Helps alot :thumbsup: thx

Glad to help!:cheers: