obliviousnation

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,424 Posts

0 Threads

#31 17 years ago
StrangerThanFictionI'm not sure if you mean this by "already made" but the French and Italian player models, weapons and voices from Road to Rome can't be used, unless the Devs decide to make owning RtR a requirement to play FH, something they have indicated they do not intend to do. Also the French player models and equipment would have to be redone for the early war maps in any case, since the RtR French are late-war Free French forces. So everything for those two armies has to be done completely from scratch. Glad to help!:cheers:

no you can do something called use the voice commands from rtr and player models,weapons etc from rtr however i'm pretty sure this is against the law.But xww2 mod did this so why not fh.Even if they use the voice commands from rtr and canadian voices from latest patch it'll save them a hell of a lot of time! as for player models both the italian and french ones suck and the only correct weapon is the breda moddello anyway.Voice commands are bout the only useful things

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#32 17 years ago

The RTR player models may suck but it's nothing compared to FH's. Eod removed the bayonet from the engineer, if Xww2 think they can keep it they are foolish. Fh devs ignores my questions about a guy who said he did french voices for FH so I assume they haven't got any except the illegal RTR.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#33 17 years ago

using RTR stuff = no good since you take Dice stuff and put it for free dl ..

StrangerThanFiction

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,110 Posts

0 Threads

#34 17 years ago
Al Capone i'm pretty sure this is against the law.But xww2 mod did this so why not fh.Even if they use the voice commands from rtr and canadian voices from latest patch it'll save them a hell of a lot of time!

I haven't ever played xww2 (not enough time)so I can't comment about that. But you hit the nail on the head--I think the FH team would rather do their own stuff than risk getting a visit from EA's lawyers. I think FH can use the Canadians if they want, since they are a free extension to BF1942. But I don't see why they'd want to since the Canadian voices were so uninteresting. They sounded almost the same as the U.S. voices except more polite. If FH does the Canadian army, I hope they get someone with a good Maritime provinces accent --"Bail Oot!".

saving ryan privates

Certified Sexual Healer

50 XP

2nd January 2004

0 Uploads

65 Posts

0 Threads

#35 17 years ago

i would love to see the rumanian fighting stalingrad, and hungarians too with there own tanks

Soujiro

The Feared Engineer

50 XP

30th March 2003

0 Uploads

211 Posts

0 Threads

#36 17 years ago
StrangerThanFictionI haven't ever played xww2 (not enough time)so I can't comment about that. But you hit the nail on the head--I think the FH team would rather do their own stuff than risk getting a visit from EA's lawyers. I think FH can use the Canadians if they want, since they are a free extension to BF1942. But I don't see why they'd want to since the Canadian voices were so uninteresting. They sounded almost the same as the U.S. voices except more polite. If FH does the Canadian army, I hope they get someone with a good Maritime provinces accent --"Bail Oot!".

So true, in my opinion, the Canadian in BF1942 sound way too much like the British and Americans. Most of the combatants from Canada don't have an accent and never will have one (well the majority).

If I am not mistaken, the majority of the WW2-era Canadian soldiers are from Western Canada (Mantobia and farther west).

Yeah, Canada been quite a few battles:

Battle of Hong Kong Juno Beach The Deippe Raid

These are some of the well-known ones.

They also played a huge role in the liberation of Holland and Italy. In a history book I read, there was a town in Italy that was under heavy occuption of the Germans and the Canadians from Edmonton invaded it. When the Army finally captured it, they renamed the town Edmonton.

My grandfather was a Canadian soldier who fought from 1940 to 1944. According to him, after D-Day, the Canadian Army would raid POW camps, labour camps and others in France and southern Europe.