explamster

Flying Ace

50 XP

12th November 2003

0 Uploads

138 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I have never seen one of these in game if it exists. Can we get one of these?

http://www.wwiivehicles.com/html/usa/m16_gun_motor_carriage.htm

explamster

Flying Ace

50 XP

12th November 2003

0 Uploads

138 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago
explamster

Flying Ace

50 XP

12th November 2003

0 Uploads

138 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago
ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,134 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

I think that the edit button needs to be brightened

explamster

Flying Ace

50 XP

12th November 2003

0 Uploads

138 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Admittedly. I found the images a good while apart from each other. Never mind my incompetence. The vehicles matter.

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

The m3 Grant tank has been suggested in the "What do you want to see in .62" thread. I think that tank would be a blast to use, it has three turrets. Kinda like the T-35 tank.

explamster

Flying Ace

50 XP

12th November 2003

0 Uploads

138 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Rock it would, yes.

A_Rude_Gesture

Scanian Partisan

50 XP

18th March 2004

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Would be cool to implement the M3....get a bit of difference from the rest of the Tommycookers/Ronsonburners. But when it comes to the Calliope (the second link) from what I understand it was rarely used and then only during the late war....it was, again from what I understand, only used once or twice. I might be wrong though. //A_Rude_Gesture

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

M8 GMC has been requested. We jsut need the M5 hull and it uses the turret off the LVT-4(A).

The M16 GMC has also been requested as one of the Allied AAA platforms since the Allies dont have mobile AA.

The M3 Grant is being pushed as it is very important to the North Africa maps. Even the DICE model reskinned would be acceptable until a FH model can be done.

The M3 when it came out tipped the balance of power in the favor of the Brits since the 75mm gun outranged the 50mm armed PzIII's. But it was tall, the 75mm could only fire to the front and right quadrants, and caught fire as easily as the early Shermans did. Also the M3 was of rivited construction and when a round hit the stress snapped the heads off the rivets which became shrapnel bouncing around the tank destroying equipment and turning flesh into hamburger. It was because of the combat experience with the M3 that the Sherman was only offered with a welded hull and never was riveted.

A_Rude_Gesture

Scanian Partisan

50 XP

18th March 2004

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago
Anlushac11M8 GMC has been requested. We jsut need the M5 hull and it uses the turret off the LVT-4(A). The M16 GMC has also been requested as one of the Allied AAA platforms since the Allies dont have mobile AA. The M3 Grant is being pushed as it is very important to the North Africa maps. Even the DICE model reskinned would be acceptable until a FH model can be done. The M3 when it came out tipped the balance of power in the favor of the Brits since the 75mm gun outranged the 50mm armed PzIII's. But it was tall, the 75mm could only fire to the front and right quadrants, and caught fire as easily as the early Shermans did. Also the M3 was of rivited construction and when a round hit the stress snapped the heads off the rivets which became shrapnel bouncing around the tank destroying equipment and turning flesh into hamburger. It was because of the combat experience with the M3 that the Sherman was only offered with a welded hull and never was riveted.

Don't forget. The 75mm only fired HE. They weren't issued any HEAT or AP because the 75 was supposed to engage infantry and soft targets. //A_Rude_Gesture