residentevil3

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

24th June 2003

0 Uploads

45 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I have an idea to make a map around the battle of the bulge, which was one of the biggest battles in WW2. Over 1 million men on both sides (500,000 german and 600,000 americans) fought and over 800 tanks combind for both sides were destroyd.

Im still reading up on this but it sounds like it could be a great map. You guys should try and new idea like Splitting the map into 2 sections, one where Infantry battles will take place, and on the other side of the map would be the heavy/ med tanks / planes

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Works for me...suggest some!

Brody-Dubno

Arras

Barkmanns corner

Battle of the Mace: Polish 1st armored division held hill overlooking the Falaise gap and fought off 1st SS LAH, and Hitler Youth. Involved German tanks and infantry advancing upon the hill while 1st Polish armored tanks mostly fought from hastily dug in positions

Villers Bocage: Michael Wittman at his finest

Hells Highway: The attempted Allied armored thrust north to try and reach Arnhem.

I would also like to see a better Battle of the Bulge map. IMHO not enough trees for the Ardennes forest area.

Akula971

Pain is a sensation. Enjoy it

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

941 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Or how about Day 1, Day 2. Battle of Bulge starts very misty, no aircraft. Day 2 move to map continuation if axis win and skies clear for aircraft etc.

Saruman

GF makes me horny

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

78 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

i absolute agree !

More tank battles ......more ..... :tank: battles are needed

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

I must admit I´m not such a huge fan of tank-battles. And anyway FH 0.6 does have quite a few armour maps (Proknokova, BotB, BF remakes, Breakthrough, Alpenfestung etc.). The only thing I like about tank maps is if I can sneak around as an AT trooper and prey on other tanks. So there would have to be enough cover to hide. A reamke of BotB would defiantly be cool. If you want lots of armour action, go download Battlegroup42. 90 % of the maps there focus on armour-combat. And they just released an update 0.98...

residentevil3

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

24th June 2003

0 Uploads

45 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

I dont like BG42 i like FH. I know thier thier are some tank maps, but more then half of them are using Older model tanks, like the stug 2, Panzer 4 (early version) It would be so sweet to have map like BF1942 has aberdeen.

Nothing but tanks, no Infantry battles just tanks like aberdeen. Make a map off something like aberdeen, Have about 20 tanks on each side. With say like 3 Tiger tanks, 5 Panthers, 1 King tiger, 10 Panzer 4's , 2 with the modified cannon and armer.

And the allies Get a lil more heavy armer simply cuss thier tanks suck against germans, Like even the classes out between the 2 sides cept allies get 1 more of each version. I wish i knew how to make maps cuss i could come up with a kick ass map thats hard to explain.

AntonioBora

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

No thanks...don't want a bunch of new tank battles, infantry is where the fun is for me.

Baron_Von_Goofey

all polar bears r left handed

50 XP

14th November 2003

0 Uploads

54 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

why dont you just play aberdeen for now then? or for some obscure reason dont you have it? coz it is FH supported :moon: ALL HAIL FH!!! :bows:

residentevil3

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

24th June 2003

0 Uploads

45 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Umm outa all theserver outa thieri havent seen 1 playing aberdeen on fh .

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Anlushac11Works for me...suggest some!

Brody-Dubno

Arras

Brody-Dubno- Great idea a Russian force of prmarily BT 7s and T 26s with a small amount of T 34s and KV 1 and 2s.

Arras- Maybe we could make French Defense or a British counterattack.