-Chapman-

FH Rocks!!!

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

126 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I was just thinking, and since this was a thought i may as well put it in the suggestion part.

I was thinking, since u have made a new class (Pilot) for version .6 i thought would it be possible to have a sailor class, so on the deck of the ships somewere there would be a jacket or life jacket or something to represent the sailor class, so for example when the ship goes down and u have the sailer jacket/life jacket on, u stay afoat and don't drown.

Please tell me what you think, and please don't flame me if you think its a sh!te idea.

Thanks!

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

it would be good on ship only maps...

dRaStiQ

Master and Commander

50 XP

26th October 2003

0 Uploads

580 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

@ bameu Like pilots are good on maps with planes you mean :P

could be an idea, give him binocs and a longer survivability on water.

-Chapman-

FH Rocks!!!

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

126 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Yeah i know (it can only be used on ship maps)...but theres nothing wrong with that, since the pilot class will only be on maps with planes on (i know thats a lot more then ship maps) but i think it will still be a good idea. What you think FH Team?

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Hmm I don´t really think there is a need for a sailor class. Ships are seldomly used on any map their on (except sea-only) and if your drown atm, you still have plenty of time to swim around. Imho its not necessary. But on some ship-only maps you could reskin the soldeir skins to sailor skins...

-Chapman-

FH Rocks!!!

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

126 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

It wasn't just to have a sailor skin, it was mainly for when your ship goes down, u don't drowned, and when your ship is out at sea, its a pain in the ass to swim to shore and mainly if the ship is along way out (well not even that long out) u can still drownd.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

no rofl i mean on maps were there are only ships on like in Atlantic map.. and it would be cool if they isntarmed with guns :)

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

yeah atlantic and some other maps in 0.6 are ship-only (like the new schnellboote map I think) how about he can swim faster, and he has a flare gun when he reaches shore, it can be used a offensive weapon too, yknow the layout of weapons would be Knife/Pistol/Flaregun. just a few Ideas there, but seing as he has a life jacket it would be good for him to go faster, and no to die out in open waters because hes out too long, yknow when your life drops till you die? That should be taken out for this class.

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

216,579 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

19,982 Posts

6 Threads

#9 14 years ago

I first intended this as a joke, but I begin to think it might really be cool: The tractordriver-class. No, seriously! Imagine a peasant armed with some WWI rifle and explosives spawning on tractors! Ok, probably impossible to code, but in BF Vietnam they also have mobile spawnpoints. Perhaps you could create something like a third fraction in the battles, the guerillas, then it's perhaps easier to let only them spawn on tractors. What is more each peasant could decide for himself on whose side he fights. What do you think? Well, maybe all those math-tasks have warped my mind a bit :)

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

The original sailor class is better than this IMO where's the chest hair and VDs?