Rathole

Take one for the team

50 XP

24th March 2004

0 Uploads

117 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Has anyone considered putting together a map for battle of the Tractor Works in Stalingrad? This seems like it could be an awesome map, with a primarily infantry battle raging for the interior of the huge factory. A limited number of vehicles on the outskirts of the building, but mostly infantry and field guns on the inside slugging it out. Historically, this engagement was a major meat grinder in Stalingrard. The potential for a tactical engagement seems high. Infantry tactics, with limited visibility, ambush potential, and the need to coordinate attacks/defense. Thoughts? JTM

CooL™

Your mommy thinks I'm cute. =D

50 XP

13th March 2004

0 Uploads

224 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago
RatholeHas anyone considered putting together a map for battle of the Tractor Works in Stalingrad? This seems like it could be an awesome map, with a primarily infantry battle raging for the interior of the huge factory. A limited number of vehicles on the outskirts of the building, but mostly infantry and field guns on the inside slugging it out. Historically, this engagement was a major meat grinder in Stalingrard. The potential for a tactical engagement seems high. Infantry tactics, with limited visibility, ambush potential, and the need to coordinate attacks/defense. Thoughts? JTM

nice.

Kasperle!!!

Kradschuetze@Kar98

50 XP

16th June 2003

0 Uploads

55 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

They should change the landingzone in Battle of Stalingrad ,fix the bugs first and then they should make new maps.

But n1 idea i like infantry battles.

cheesemancrusader

GF best viewed w/ pants off

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

327 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago
originally posted by Rathole Has anyone considered putting together a map for battle of the Tractor Works in Stalingrad?

yes. brought up quite a few times in the past. not saying its not a bad idea though.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

this would own ...

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Still, I´d prefer if they revised the 0.6 Stalingrad beofre making another one...

MeanMrMustard

Such a mean old man

50 XP

15th September 2003

0 Uploads

178 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Only possible problem is that they would have to make a huge new static for the actual factory, don't know how feasible this is, and what the effect on lag would be? Harry

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

You know that DC's oilrig is one big static object right?