Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I think this could also apply for other vehicles like the Halftrack (etc), but mainly for tanks.

Would it be possible to put the exit position on top of the tank, in the hull? It's where you exit it in real life. I think you should still be able to enter it from the side, but the exiting position would look great. Imagine:

A PanzerIV drives up the hill and gets shot by a Bazooka, in panic, the crew bails out as the tank is almost completely destroyed. The PanzerIV starts burning, and the nearby American infantry is ready to take it under fire. The Germans bail out from the top and one gets shot, while the other manages to escape. Wouldn't it be cool to see crews popping out of the hull when they bail?

Another nice addition would be that when a tank gets severely damaged, it's tracks get blown off. Maybe it could be immobilized? Or that you would see cracks appearing from a hit on the armour? It's kinda unrealistic that a tank can keep doing everything (driving and shooting at full power) when it gets severely damaged. I am also not really font of the idea that a tank always needs to explode.. why can't it just be unrepairable and burn out when it's hitpoints reaches zero?

That way people can bail out, and would fit in the first suggestion I made. Well, I hope I didn't demand too much (or got on anyone's nerves), but hey, after all it's only a suggestion. ;)

Swe_Flying_Frog

The Frogs Will Invade By Air

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Would be very cool indeed. And for all of you who have played Sudden strike would be happy to see the tanks get their tracks blown off (at least i will be :D) It would make the tank crews more carefully then just smash into everything

I like these ideas very much :D

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

disabled and track blown off = SDK which by now is well known that DICE hasnt released one. The closest thing is a informal SDK cobbled together from different programs by the modders.

StrangerThanFiction

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,110 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago
Anlushac11disabled and track blown off = SDK which by now is well known that DICE hasnt released one. The closest thing is a informal SDK cobbled together from different programs by the modders.

Exit positions on top is still a good idea. Is that something that requires the SDK to change?

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago
StrangerThanFictionExit positions on top is still a good idea. Is that something that requires the SDK to change?

Nope, you can easily change it in the .con files of the vehicles. Something like "vehicle exit position", not sure what it was, but I did see it. I'll guess we'll just have to wait and see what can and cannot be done.

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Interstate82 mod has good "enter" positions (you can only enter at the car's doors, and only if that seat is free). I am pretty sure you can code the exit positions too. This would be cool

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Well, this is kinda obvious and unimportant, but...Tanks do become disabled and "immobilized" after recieving enough hits, you cant drive anymoer, and you can barely turn the turret while it burns, and you have to pray you get that last round off before it blows up. I like the exiting on top idea a lot too, and yes...shit doesnt always have to blow up! Whats gonna happen when the Waco Glider "dies" is it gonna look like a bomb going off, or just wrinkle up?

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Well, I would not exit it from the top.

There is also a hatch at it´s bottom. There you can make a discrete exit easily.

Amd why the Germans? Can´t the Americans get shot while bailing out, too?! Or the British?! Or the Japanese?!

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Depends on the tank. Some dont have escape hatches in the floor. IIRC PzIII had escape hatches in the side hull between upper and lower tracks.

TommyGunDaliani

Cesare

50 XP

26th June 2003

0 Uploads

1,717 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

Americans did not build escape hatches in there shitty ass tanks. I guess they thought it was pointless considering when there sherman got hit in would go up in flames anyways.