Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#11 16 years ago
TommyGunDalianiAmericans did not build escape hatches in there shitty ass tanks. I guess they thought it was pointless considering when there sherman got hit in would go up in flames anyways.

Shitty Ass tanks eh? :confused: Those tanks helped a lot to win the war buddy. Quantity over quality. But yea, they did light up pretty quick. I was watching a show and the germans called them "zippos" and some french cigarette name that meant "Lights on the first strike". For tanks I would like to see those kick-ass explosions that Silent Heroes has on their tanks when they get knocked the F out.

Mazz

BFE-WAW

50 XP

16th November 2003

0 Uploads

1,245 Posts

0 Threads

#12 16 years ago

well u could escape the sherman through the top hatch pretty quickly and shermans were called Ronsens (i think) because it was an early lighter company and there motto was "always lights on the first strike"

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#13 16 years ago

Damn! Thanks Mazz, Its been bothering me since I posted, lol, i saw it on the history channel a while back. Didnt Shermans also have hatches for the driver/machinegunner too? On my 1:24th scale model thing there are...

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#14 16 years ago

You could place the exit positions anywhere you like for each different vehicle. You could probably add more exit positions too for different positions in the vehicles.

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#15 16 years ago

yeah, just like the boats in BF. I really like this idea, I thought of it too once. I'd be a good thing, so you can get out and repair your tank without someone getting in as easily. However it's quite hard to get on top of some tanks (like the tiger).

Big Lebowski

This is not nam

50 XP

6th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,959 Posts

0 Threads

#16 16 years ago

Yeah it would be cool if the devs aded the bail out thing and the tank don't always explodes when reaches zero.

MkH^

FH tester

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,286 Posts

0 Threads

#17 16 years ago

New explosion animations for the tanks would also be cool.. Like that the tank tower would fly to hell with a huge explosion coming from the "turrets hole" and the hull would crack from some parts.. Or engine burn, which would only show as flames bursting from the engine and commander's hatch, from outside the tank would look intact. Or the ammunition blowing up the whole vehicle leaving only the tracks. I don't know if these are possible to do, tho. It just looks so damn wacky with the whole damn tank just turning into scorched wreck with huge explosion, especially when most of the wreck models are not even decent looking, 'cept for Subbo's Stug.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#18 16 years ago

i wnat hte exit point to be top hatch instead of the side of the tank. so enemy infanty on the ground know where hes going to bail out at.

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#19 16 years ago

Well the entrance positions shouldn't be the same as the exit positions, in my opinion.. because you would have to hop onto it every time (which usually required a handful of attempts), maybe it should only be accessable from the front, that way "wrenching" tankers will finally be exposed and won't abuse the repairing ability. On top of that I would love to see the wrench out of the game.. or at least make it so that it can't repair tanks or other heavy equipment. Adding some new wreck models instead of the "tank inmobility" idea would be very nice too. For example, only a disabled and wrecked turret, heaving it's tracks blown off and a wrecked body, or its turret or other parts of the tank being completely gone, or maybe even different combinations of the suggested. What the FH mod needs is something unique, for example all the stuff being suggested in this topic.

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

612 Posts

0 Threads

#20 16 years ago

I wanna see the wrench given to a less combat worthy class loadout (pistol, expacks, mines, rifle and a wrench?!?), and also make it take more time to repair a tank. I don't mind someone repairing their tank, I just want it to take longer than 5 seconds to repair ;)

Ideally the current "engineer" class should be a combat engineer. Fully equiped with weapons and explosives, but no wrench. You can always make a seperate pickup kit that does have a wrench (but lacks a front line weapon)