Frederf

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

2nd March 2004

0 Uploads

2,156 Posts

0 Threads

#42 17 years ago

Well, I'd like to say the work on the map is progressing slowly but nicely. I've imported real-world DEM data into the Editor and worked from there. So the english channel is to scale. I'm currently reviewing period battleplans, maps, and arial photos to make sure my towns and inland layout. Also, I plan for the British airbase to be pretty and detailed. I'm going for 2 at a time C-47s to be aloft and US only have those and infantry until they start capturing "landing zone" points or town flags at which point they'll be getting jeeps, APCs, and possibly a tank or two for capping a big enough town. Axis are given a lot of transport and the sdkzp-whatever halftrack with AAA on the back is getting a lot of use, as will more powerful placed units (with full visual cover) Also possible a tank or three. The only non-cappable axis points is Carentan to the south. Ste. Mere Eglise will be the prize, made up of maybe 2 flags in order to get some close in fighting. Other major points will be 2-3 towns surrounding Ste. Mere Eglise and may or may not be capturable. I'm making sure US 101st and 82nd LZ's will have good cover and concealment and can serve as a visually minimal base of operations. I still haven't decided if I want the Normandy spawns to be paradrop type, but I doubt it, maybe one of each. I'm thinking of making the temp LZ bases far enough away so spawning back in Dover and dropping again will have it's tactical advantages. It will be at night with some fog and cloud layers over Normandy.

Frederf

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

2nd March 2004

0 Uploads

2,156 Posts

0 Threads

#43 17 years ago

Another quick question, is it possible to attach radar to units? Or does it have to be made into the model? 'Cause I'd like for certain AAA units to have a radar radius.

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#44 17 years ago

Man, it all sounds good. Very good. Cept I'm not a fan of the allies getting a tank really. As for the radar, couldnt help you there.

-Chapman-

FH Rocks!!!

50 XP

16th February 2004

0 Uploads

126 Posts

0 Threads

#45 17 years ago

Yeah don't give the yanks tanks, becasue there was no tanks in france till after the landings. so just put the jeeps etc in :) other than that, sounds goood!

Mazz

BFE-WAW

50 XP

15th November 2003

0 Uploads

1,245 Posts

0 Threads

#46 17 years ago

ya no tanks.... some C47s, Hanomags, AA vehicles and jeeps

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#47 17 years ago
ya no tanks.... some C47s, Hanomags, AA vehicles and jeeps

Precisely!

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#48 17 years ago

Night time BF maps always suck.

ZR2man

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

113 Posts

0 Threads

#49 17 years ago

Hey could you make the C-47s spawn like the bettys (midway and wake) in 0.61 do now? They spawn in the air, so you wouldn't have to make a small landmass(britain).

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#50 17 years ago
SputtyNight time BF maps always suck.

noo look at DCs maps they are cool ..