otolikos

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

152 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

I think to improve realism in FH and decrease rifle accuracy, Weapons view should be without crosshair and shoulder view when pressing right button mouse.In order to prevent FH seeming like quake 3 (special think to Zielona -Gora map...).

Some exemples of SHoulder view,but FH+Merciless can improve quality:

Thompson: http://www.bf42.com/images/news/0376/3.jpg Garand: http://www.bf42.com/images/news/0376/1.jpg Mauser: http://www.bf42.com/images/news/0376/2.jpg

FH COULD BE THE BEST MOD EVER!

liblap

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd August 2003

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

i agree with you I tried to explain that 2 days ago :) (but i m frech so my english is...not very good, which implies that tou may not have understood me) :D

Lanc

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

22nd August 2003

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

yes, liblap and me tried to explain that on another post, but no body answered :(

now we might be luckier :)

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

I like the idea. I remember playing a few UT mods that had the same system. U can fire from the hip, its just not very accurate :p

hatchetman

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

127 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

That's a great idea, but it would be even better if it followed the Call of Duty system. The crosshairs are still visible when you don't shoulder your rifle, but you can't see as far and when you move it's very very inaccurate, but when you press secondary fire to shoulder the rifle, you move more slowly, have better accuracy, and look down the iron sights.

By the way, how did you take those screenshots?

liblap

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd August 2003

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago
That's a great idea, but it would be even better if it followed the Call of Duty system. The crosshairs are still visible when you don't shoulder your rifle, but you can't see as far and when you move it's very very inaccurate, but when you press secondary fire to shoulder the rifle, you move more slowly, have better accuracy, and look down the iron sights.

yeah, it would be better ...

Viking_Revenge

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

11th October 2003

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

i agree with them, the iron sight is better, more realistic

liblap

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd August 2003

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

Please FH developers ... answer us :'( do you discuss about this idea ?

hatchetman

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

127 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago
liblapPlease FH developers ... answer us :'( do you discuss about this idea ?

Iron sights have already been discussed a lot in previous threads (just search this forum for "iron sights"). One thing I heard was that they excluded them because it would be too hard to hit someone accurately due to lag and the fact that iron sights make visibility limited. But if someone really wants to bring it up to them again, send one of the FH team members an email or private message.

hasund

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

25 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

This is a game, not a simulation. I played the Call of Duty demo. Everything happens fast and you kinda shoot randomly at where the fire comes from from the opposite side. There is not a lot of fine tuned aiming going on, more like blasting away and hoping for the best. Realistic, sure, the soldiers of WWII were ordinary men and not olympic atlethes in shooting accuracy. But hell, if I want to play a game like that (luck before skills) I'd go for snakes and ladders or something simple. People like different things I guess, but to me BF1942 got it right, Call of Duty wasn't fun fo rmore than five mins.

That the rifles are pretty accurate is what makes it fun, it means that if you concentrate enough you might take out that enemy because of your judgement of movement and distance and your mouse pointing skills, and not because of "shot in the dark"-realism. Leave the crosshair as it is. As I understand it, this is a mod that wants to add more realism to the game, but no conerverion to total realism. That will be the day when you travel for days without seing battle, when you need five men inside a tanks just to keep it going, and when you never get to play again once you are lethally wounded. There will be no second chance. If you're into that kinda stuff, and is "fortunate" enough to live in a country who frequently participates in war, go ahead and enlist.